Record of Ragnarok - Ch. 90 - Chapter 90: Atypical

Dex-chan lover
qSjKz2d.png

I'm going to get a lot of use out of this.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author is having difficulty maintaining momentum in these last few fights
With Tesla, Tesla had to lose. Rule of 3s after all, it'd have felt unsatisfactory. You can't have three victories in a row, then it'd feel like humans are dominating too much.

But now Humanity has won 5 rounds, and Gods have won 4 rounds

We are now at round 10

There are only 3 more rounds after this (because no way we're not going to get all 14 fights)

That makes the order of events unfortunately predictable in a way.

I genuinely think this round is going to go to humanity, because that way leading up to the final fight, humanity gets two more losses. Maybe back to back, maybe sandwiching a win by humanity, either way, in order for the final fight to feel like it has stakes, humanity is going to need to lose two more times, because it'd feel weird if instead humanity wins twice leading up to the final fight.

And I feel like thats been sapping the author's interest because they don't know how to make events feel unpredictable, when story structure is so demanding

I could be totally wrong though.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly hope the brat loses.
Author has attempted to hype him up so fucking much and never succeeded.
Like, the character who'se name I keep forgetting really fails at being interesting, just an edgy brat.

Aggregator gang
uh-oh now hes using Advance while bleeding, in other fighting-verse that ended up badly

I feel like the author is having difficulty maintaining momentum in these last few fights
With Tesla, Tesla had to lose. Rule of 3s after all, it'd have felt unsatisfactory. You can't have three victories in a row, then it'd feel like humans are dominating too much.

We are now at round 10

There are only 3 more rounds after this (because no way we're not going to get all 14 fights)

That makes the order of events unfortunately predictable in a way.

I genuinely think this round is going to go to humanity, because that way leading up to the final fight, humanity gets two more losses. Maybe back to back, maybe sandwiching a win by humanity, either way, in order for the final fight to feel like it has stakes, humanity is going to need to lose two more times, because it'd feel weird if instead humanity wins twice leading up to the final fight.

And I feel like thats been sapping the author's interest because they don't know how to make events feel unpredictable, when story structure is so demanding

I could be totally wrong though.
Other way around. Humanity is on 4 wins, Gods have 5. Plus, there's the whole Siegfried plot point - I could see them doing one hell of a bait with the Odin fight when it comes to that point and bring in everyone against whatever Primordial God gets brought back.

Dex-chan lover

We are now at round 10

For one, it's the other way around, Humanity is at 4 and Gods at 5. To me the course of event would be Okita wins, 5/5 then Gods win the next bring it to match point 6/5 then Huma tie for 6/6 and last match is either Odin or Loki against Nostradamus with Brunhilde as Volünd.
Also there is 14 fights to begin with since there is only 13 Valkyries.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Susanoo has to lose this one. Just like thematically, he can't be working to destroy humanity if he loves humanity. Like maybe he might crop up a reason to justify it, but it doesn't seem like that's the case.
If I remember correctly, the score atm is in a balance where if the gods were to win one more round, the humanity could only win if they were to win every round afterwards.
Meaning if humanity loses this match then it will be nothing but humanity's wins until the final eventual draw, which would take away all suspense from the remaining fights.

Group Leader
Wait did okita use his valkyrie equipment yet?
Considering we never saw Okita with a partner Valkyrie there is a chance he refused her and wanted to fight Susanoo with only his natural body and skills, cause he died young due to chronic illness and never got to go all out.

Group Leader
Honestly hope the brat loses.
Author has attempted to hype him up so fucking much and never succeeded.
Like, the character who'se name I keep forgetting really fails at being interesting, just an edgy brat.
Nostradamus

Users who are viewing this thread