Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 10 Ch. 41 - Thank You (LR)

frick, shiva had a great friggin arc in this. from that one bastard who we all think is nothing more than a god who hates humans to this humble guy who just had power and legacy thrusted upon him. he even saw raiden as his own equal, someone who matched up with him despite winning against him. damn, that was a friggin fight.

I am gonna miss raiden and thrud though, I really wish they had more interactions. raiden even tried to save thrud's life, cause he's just gonna let shiva end it. since he had his fun.

Actually dodging and blocking what would be otherwise killing strikes made a difference.

Who knew?

This might be the worst fight in my opinion but it still made me scream about representing sumo.

It feels like a reminder of Lu Bu and Thor's fight, the very first match. Two opponents that see other as equals as they fight, humanity may not be able to win by brute strength as they have limits but they be able to do so by their wits like jack the ripper and Sasaki Kojiro. On the other hand, some of the opponents might ended up changing their minds of the annihilation as the matches progress when they see just how precious and the will of humanity.

Dex-chan lover
I guess I didn't care as much about this because I really don't care that much about sumo. Besides, this Raiden looked nothing like a sumo fighter. A badass chubby man would've made it more interesting and fun.

Double-page supporter
I knew Raiden would lose, but I also don’t hate that Shiva won. This is how a great fight should be. No bullshit plot armor from either side, just pure passion.

Dex-chan lover
The question is Whether or not shiva decides to save humanity now after seeing just how formidable they may be

Dex-chan lover
@A1B1 I'm with you on this, even if the human wins the gods will try to end them again on another time, maybe the Valkyrie plan is just to make the gods see the humans as more than just playthings.

@capptain both were pretty much shounen protagonist even Raiden had a little more with that "you will no live past childhood" trope.

Users who are viewing this thread