Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 10 Ch. 41 - Thank You (LR)

This is definitely my least favorite fight of the series so far. I think the cut to Buddha & Loki really disrupted the flow of this fight. That stuff ended up being much more interesting than the match. This match also felt thematically jumbled. Like we had a mix of Thor/Lu Bu (Someone seeking a worthy opponent) & Adam/Sasaki (Fighting for the sake of others). If you add a visually boring fight on top of themes that we've already covered better, then you're left with a pretty underwhelming experience.

All that being said, the last two chapters of this fight are actually kinda fun. Once we get their boring ass backstories & Buddha/Loki out of the way, and the characters start using their powers, it gets better. I think on reread this fight will be better, but it's still ranked at the bottom for me. To be fair, it was gonna be hard for any fight to follow Jack vs Heracles. I will say that I hope this dispels the notion that "Japanese win everything/biased author" (even though that never made sense in the first place because of Jack).

Contributor
At least this fight was useful for one thing.

Niw ppl will stop saying that japanese guys always win.

@zerogrv after shiva rip raiden's right arm off at page 33 above their heads, there are some kind of mist or smoke floating (and it look like it come out from raiden side.....) it look like raiden "curse power" (dont know what it call ) it fading from his body after he lost his arm.......so he already know his lost his "power" so he admit his defeat like a man he is.....(and also to buy time to let Thud come out from his body before it too late but..well.....)

anyway im so grant for lord Shiva win !

I'll try to guess the sixth match.

First, these are the contenders who have yet to take the field:

Gods:
Buddha
Loki
Apollo
Susano'o No Mikoto
Bishamonten
Anubis
Odin
Beelzebub

Humans:
Qin Shi Huang
King Leonidas
Nikola Tesla
Grigori Rasputin
Okita Souji
Michel Nostradamus
Simo Hayha
Sakata Kintoki

Overall speaking, I can say that among the Gods the ones I want to see more of design are Beelzebub and Anubis, while on a fighting level I want to see them two more Loki. Among the Humans, on the other hand, the ones I want to see most are the most, namely Rasputin, Tesla, Nostradamus and Leonidas, while on a fighting level I want to see all of them plus Simo Hayha.
But ... I'm pretty sure none of them will take the field right now.
On the Human side, I think it is no coincidence that Qin Shi Huang has been revealed already now, even if it was the spin off of Lu Bu, and I think he will fight in the sixth match, instead for the Gods we will see in personal opinion one between Buddha and Bishamonten for what happened during the fifth meeting. I am almost certain that Zeus will punish them by having one of them take the field in the sixth match, but I don't think it will be Loki's turn (he seems an important character for the story) or even Buddha (the Volund question still needs to be investigated since for Loki that is only a theory), Bishamonten on the contrary is expendable, and considering that for me the sixth match will win the Humans will leave us even life (although he does not completely exclude Buddha in the sixth match, if it were his turn it would not surprise me at all).
Consequently my final answer is:

Sixth match: Qin Shi Huang vs Bishamonten

And I also add that for me Brunhilde will not be the last Valkyrie to make the Volund but the penultimate, the last will be Goll who will also prove to be the strongest Volund ever.

Users who are viewing this thread