Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Justice Vs. Evil

The fact that they introduced Herc as someone who represents Justice (vs Jack the Ripper representing evil) makes me wanna see Jack reveal Herc as a vile people-pleaser type of a hero , who only does good stuff for his own sense of superiority and praise. hahah

Thank you for the good translation, I just wanted to say I respect you not holding it against the assholes who sniped your manga

Group Leader
>sniping
It's dumb that there's drama over this. One "group" is just anons doing speed scans so that we can get our fix early, and then we have HQ scans a week or two later. They both fill a different niche and it's silly to think that some anons on 4chan are trying to 'snipe' the group, they're just trying to contribute.

Power Uploader
@BLOODYRAIN10001 Uh, it was a snipe though, the guy who did it, used 4chans translation & raws, the anons themsleves had nothing to do with it, see imgur link, for evidence, a snipe can be defined as many things, releasing a chapter on a series, that is already being scanned, normally, or in bad quality etc, or in this case, with bad intentions to de-fame, or divert attention inorder to boast about a view count, that quite franky, no-one in valhallas team cared about.

https://imgur.com/YPvzX1t

Fed-Kun's army
c'mon, be abit creative and give us other gods/ demigods. Shiva was the perfect choice yet author had to go with Hercules? Zeus, Thor, Poseidon... Does Japanese mangaka ever research further than normal? What about Egyptian gods? Aren't they much older compare to Greek or Nord gods? Chinese gods, too.
And an Intel-based human champion such as Einstein or Darwin deserves a spot to be human's savior. They pushed mankind further than many of these fighters IMO.

I stopped at the "scanlation industry", what industry?
There is no such thing as manga sniping. You cannot lose what you had no right to have in the first place.

Valhalla scans are way better, I'm really glad you guys will continue with this epic series.

JACKU is a funny choice even if there is a lot of media that makes him into something greater than just another bloodthirsty psycopath. I don't want Heracle to lose since I grew fond of even his mythological figure, because despite some bad shit he pulled, he still was a great guy all things considered. But it would be funny since then the Greeks can go "our blood debt just doubled" and send their 4th combatant.

@zek777 In the early chapters, there is a list of all the fighters for both sides.
There is not really a chinese god (although there is a god that I remember being a chinese one before being japanized) but there is a egyptian one.

For for intel-based human champions, I believe Tesla fit the bill.

I like this version, it shows Hilde's nastiness more clearly. She probably has done some shit in this fight.

Fed-Kun's army
@RandomGuy2307 C'mon, as bad as that sound, especially because Einstein hates nuclear bomb. You have to admit that having Einstein in the battle and nuke a god would be awesome, no?
And Chinese do have many gods and goddesses. They even have old gods (kinda) then new gods, whom built their own kingdom and such like the Olympian minus the incest. If you know about WuKong - the monkey king, he went and wrecked that kingdom up because those gods and goddesses refused to give him "god" title.

Group Leader
EFYX6xg.jpg

Contributor
Okay, so, hello everyone, Deadline here.

I have been an avid reader of Valhalla's work for a long time. Their translations and their typesetting is, honestly, amazing. Then I was told by one of my friends to read Shuumatsu no Valkyrie.
WHAT. A. GOOD. READ.
Loved it to bits! Exciting, action-packed and just an amazing manga! And I am not the first one to notice who scanlates it (not the most observant person but whatever.)
'Till I looked at the first page, actually reading it before continuing reading the manga. Valhalla scans, it says. That makes sense! I knew I recognized the high quality redrawing etc..
This is good! Awesome!
Then a couple of weeks ago, I get a notification on MD that someone has updated Shuumatsu. Huh, really? Nope, it was some other "scanlator" (this term is used loosely here).
Kingdom Italia? Tbh I don't even bother remembering the name, because that was how forgetful their work was. The TLs were crap, the TS was... Crap and they used LQ scans. It's 2019! We have more than 640x480px on our screens. Come on. This is honestly tarnishing the name of not only Shuumatsu, but also Valhalla who has been with Shuumatsu for so long.
"But Valhalla does not own Shuumatsu", I hear you cry, from your spaghetti mobile. No, and neither does KI. But have your ever heard of MORALS? For those of you who do not, here's what you will find on Google: moral: standards of behaviour; principles of right and wrong.
Standards of behavior. This is important. This is like if my co-worker set up a server with all the necessary programs and so on to make it work, then all I do is turn it on after updates. Bit of a tangent, but my point still stands.
What I mean is: as far as the scanlation part goes, I would say that there should be some honor among scanlator groups. You knew what you were doing, why try to one-up VH when your scanlator group is inferior in any way? That's just asking for your own self-destruction. Not only that, but you then have the BALLS to re-upload VH's raws and typeset in your own native language version.
I would save face by publicly apologizing to VH. What you did is no better than stealing, both credibility for the art, and people's trust. Come on, who do you think we want to read? VH's HQ, AWESOME TS, TL and so on, or your garbage fire of a "scanlated" piece of shit, with LQ raws?
Shame on you, Kingdom Italia.

Contributor
Huh?!
You DO realize that Valhalla has a website of their own? AND I don't have to have an MD account to read manga here?
Are you being fucking serious, or just stupid?
MAYBE I created my account for the sole purpose of defending the scanlator group that I like?
Stick to your pasta making. It's the only thing you Italians are good at.

EDIT: You saying that my account has been created just for shitposting: Where is your proof? I gave you a lot of good points, while you raised no good counter-arguments. Grow up.

Group Leader
Rules of MangaDex:
Disagreements can and will happen. However, we ask all users avoid the following:
Racism: With the exception of a serious historical discussion, there is never a context in which racist language is acceptable on MangaDex. This extends to profile biographies, user names, and user avatars.

"Stick to your pasta making. It's the only thing you Italians are good at."
@DeadlineTD that's racist!

Users who are viewing this thread