Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Justice Vs. Evil

holy Fuck! Jack the FUCKING Ripper! this is sooo damn cool! he would win i hope.. no, he Should be the winner!

...and damn these Gap-Moe is just too much to me for my liking, (⌐■_■)

Aggregator gang
Im pretty sure that the average japanese soldier in WWII raped and killed more people than Jackie lol

Dex-chan lover
@Ekfreet Jack the Ripper's crime isn't rape though. It was simple, brutal murders done on prostitutes.

The motive still unclear even today, but it is unlikely to be something personal considering who are all his victims are.

Aggregator gang
@Grimmycoffee

Japanese soldiers had competitions in which the one who impaled the most chinese babies won lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Im not saying that he wasn't brutal, just that there were way better choices than someone who just murdered a few women.

Dex-chan lover
@Ekfreet Which one was that? Pretty sure I've read the whole wiki and still can't find it.

Well, that aside, most of Japanese soldier's war crimes can still be understandable in a way that it's seen as effective. Massacres for rebels and their co-conspirator, torture for information, human experiment for science, etc.
On the other hand, Jack the Ripper is so famous not because of the scale, but because of how little people actually know about him. Plus, there's nothing effective about brutally killing prostitutes fives times in the same city.

It's a matter of perspective I guess, whether killing five people for no reason or killing hundreds for "greater good" is worst.

(Edit: I know the Japanese soldiers kill more than hundreds, it's just an example thingie)

Aggregator gang
@Grimmycoffee

Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1m523p/this_is_a_japanese_soldier_bayonetting_a_chinese/ nsfw alert btw

Its obvious that perspective matters but I don´t know what part of understandable you see in raping children before burying them alive or impaling babies. Did you really read through that list of war crimes and think ¨Hmmm, yep. Everything done for the greater good!¨ and not just plain malice?

Dex-chan lover
@Ekfreet Putting it harshly, rape is pretty much one-sided sex where the other suffered. Is it cruel? Yeah, my country is pretty much fucked when Japan invades despite all their promises of being the savior, but there's likely to be reasoning there. I use quote-on-quote there, because "greater good" here means being effective. The German in WW1 uses Mustard Gas, and even if we ignore how disgusting its effect is and how it can even affect unrelated civilians, but it'd be stupid to ignore the reason why they want to use it in the first place and how many German soldiers were saved by it.

For the Japanese in WW2 all those crimes are useful to win the war and become their own major power instead of being toyed around by the factions in Europe and America. If they fail, the time where Japan needs to become isolated again might be necessary if they want to stay independent, and that likely won't last for 50 years.

Also it's a bit annoying to point out (for both you and me), but while it is a very cruel and meaningless thing to do for them to kill the baby, there's nothing mentioning about it being a competition and stuffs (even if there is, I don't think any of them mention any source but I might be wrong). A bit unrelated, but the other alternative for the baby that's possible is either dead by starvation or a survivor to pick him up (which probably just led to the same end).

And like I mention before Jack the Ripper's crimes have none of that. There's no clear motive that could make it count as "effective" for him.

As unrealistic and overtuned Jack's outfit is, it looks fucking amazing. He has already won when it comes to fashion.

Dex-chan lover
Man. Jack looks dope. Not sure about the whole justice thing or most infamous killers.

I guess Jack the Ripper could be considered the most well-known, but as far as a killing match goes, I feel like there should be better candidates. Don't think Heracles was ever about justice, though.

Well, it doesn't matter. Jack's design is great and Heracles in this version is a likable dude. It's gonna be a neat fight.

"at least once in your miserable life, you won"

- Gilgamesh in the audience (probably)

So we all agree that’s the older sister valkery is evil in some way right ?

I love how much the creator took from GodOfHigshchool, even the idea of making jack the ripper a god. Plus, even the name of the manga "record of ragnarok" is clearly token from the ragnarok arc of GOH. Still like both mangas' though.

@Ebey2248, Eh I think this is something ya gotta confirm with the author himself I mean Jack isn’t a god here, just a contender, and both of their raga rocks are pretty darn different, I should know, I’ve read both

Users who are viewing this thread