Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 9 Ch. 34 - Varying Expectations

@areksama Might be because he... you know, practically never leaves the underworld. Hades also isn't a trickster like Loki, if he did come he would come as the morbid god of the underworld.

@gurtsquirt idk man, Zeus isn't a flashy brawller, and actually impersonates people even more than loki does, but in this manga he seems to be the straight-forward fist fighter with a honest personality type, so let's just say that the gods don't really follow their personalities. buddha isn't like how he is represented either, and neither is Ares, or even poseidon. i found weird that Hades was barely mentioned in the story, and that odin of all people would act so fucking wird, so to me it's kinda possible that he is hades after all.

Tbh its pretty clear that these gods aren't entirely accurate to their "real" counterparts but even for a mythology nerd like me im still really enjoying this manga. Buddha is so different to what he should be like but for real, gotta admit he is pretty damn cool in this manga 🤣

I’m guessing that the reason Odin is so happy is because in this story, the Greek Pantheon has been on top for too long. But now, after losing both Poseidon and Heracles, they are considerably weakened, leaving room for the Norse “Pantheon” — if you can call it that — to take over.

Edit: Almost forgot. To add flame to the fire, Zeus, the so called God of Gods, got practically humiliated by Adam. Other gods might feel it’s time for Zeus to step down.

as a fan of Buddhism’s principles (elimination of desire, nothing matters or exists, separation from reality) I’m quite happy to see Buddha being so cool. he takes the high road, he is unaffected by the world of others

Since Buddha can be on the humanity side I want to see Jesus kicking some ass too. I know he's not exactly a God but that doesn't really matter... Maybe...

Dex-chan lover
You know, all anime and manga often portray Loki misunderstood or just wanting to have fun. This is a first I've seen him actually caring about being on a side + fully afraid of the higher ups

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't matter which scanlation but that "Heaven and Earth" line is like the most badass thing in the series.
I think it’s supposed to reference the quote “On heaven and earth, I alone am honored” from the real Buddha, a line that I think this series decided to base his entire personality off of.

Users who are viewing this thread