Record of Ragnarok

i hope this gets a anime, i would love to see it, but not in 3d... i hate what they did to baki , berserk and kengan

One of the only manga where you get a better experience by not reading the text. Seriously. Ignore all of the battle commentary and enjoy the visuals without being told about the next amazing never-used-before never-survived-before asspull friendship move.

Dex-chan lover
@Luke_chase that would actually be epic as all get out. Gaining inspiration and a renewed sense of conviction after being reminded of something he loved.

Pretty good so far, like a solid 8 right now.

Despite being only a tournament arc(since that's the whole premise) it's managed to avoid devaluing the stakes by actually capitalizing on what it says.

However, there are some times the outcome of a fight was a little predictable.
Jack the ripper vs Heracles was especially obvious because it would be impossible to make me sympathize with the main valkyrie if her sister ended dead after being forced into Volund. Maybe thats just me though

@iamlazy anime was already announced lol. I think it has a trailer too

Edit: It does and it looks pretty promising ngl
https://youtu.be/MGiAcQL-yKw

Dex-chan lover
Well I guess in all fairness I should say I'm sorry and admit that I was completely wrong with my predictions for the sixth round fighters, I was truly not expecting that fighter and mystery associated with them to be resolved until somewhere within rounds 8-10. Also based on the youtube raws I have to say I'm truly excited for this round especially considering what this fighter is doing in this round. Does this mean we will get a divine vs divine round with another member of the gods roster stepping up to defend the other honor of the gods or are they going to get one of the human competitors to represent the gods in this one either through bribery or as a screw you to the turned fighter by enforcing no matter what you do the outcome remains as it would be you win it goes to the gods you die it goes to humanity as a way to test his convictions or serve as a punishment. If they have another god take them on this round does this mean they will substitute in a new god to keep the number of rounds at 13 or will they bring in a new god to fight in this round in order to keep "the divine hipster" from exploiting any knowledge he has regarding his fellow team mates. So this round/arc should truly be fire.

It feels like all the best manga are monthly nowadays. Thos would be so much better if it was biweekly at least.

Next battle:
Ch 43 raw: Buddha betrayal vs God

(High chance: Loki or odin or Bishamonten)

I kinda wonder why Jesus is not a participant, defeating and surpassing God is kinda of his thing in Gnosticism

I do wonder about Baphomet, he used to be a malevolent fertility God but became a Demon and right hand of Lucifer, I wonder if he have resentment against mankind and was a good guy in the past or if he did deserve the title of demon

Speaking of which we didn't saw any demons in it, even Lucifer ancient god form didn't appear, so does that mean that the Abrahamic pantheon only have it humans

@Centurionzo Ya'know just because adam was there doesnt mean the christian gods would. I think they are more hands off gods when it comes to humans compared to the other gods like Norse or Greek who regularly interfered in human stuff.
Also on chapter 42. page 21 Hilde is seen praying. That is a very Christian like pose when praying. I think in a roundabout way the christian gods are helping the humans by tasking her to help them in their stead by maybe promising her something?
And ofc Buddah would be down with helping humans and helping Jesus, have you not read Saint Young Men?

Users who are viewing this thread