Records of the Mystic Gardens - Ch. 33 - It's fate

Double-page supporter
oooooh snap!

For some reason I didn't think Zhan Hao's family would be as supportive as they are. Very good indeed.

Dex-chan lover
This scene is everything I've wanted. All that's left for me to reach completion is a bullshit reason that absolves her of blame so I don't have to hate her... Or a reason for me to really hate her. A non-MC, non-male deuteragonist or antagonist is a really good character concept I didn't realize I wanted to see.

The girl is really pushing how wrong the fortune telling is how they are not meant for each other. I don't realize the girl is that into the MC.

Supporter
Hahahahaha it isn't just the succession ritual that is messed up in the family. They've ALL got screws loose!

Double-page supporter
@twinklecake lol you reading the wrong shit cuz that happens all the time. Theres one manga that the mc is against a princess and lights her face on fire and heals her just to then break her jaw and heal her again. then save her for later to torture again. And youll hate her so much you wont feel shit for her.

Dex-chan lover
@Flashplayer0CD I did read that one, and it was boring as fuck, because she was predictably and cartoonishly evil from the start, with no personality traits besides "hue hue I'm evil and I betrayed the MC for poorly-written reasons", blatantly crafted to be nothing but a doll to target all your frustrations on and not even someone that registers as a person in your brain. So it's not that you won't feel shit for her as you put it, but that you won't feel shit about her.

This is an actual person, with her own personal agenda, and her likable sides, and her own interesting story and powers and probably a backstory that is fully independent of the MC. If the author plays his cards right from this point, she could potentially develop into a great villain the way Griffith, Gendo or Homura are instead of a generic evil person from generic revenge isekaishit manga.

@twinklecake agreed. That manga is so poorly written that i dropped it after a few chaps. It's really rare to find a bad guy with a personality or that doesn't get redeemed with bs reasons

@twinklecake to be fair I did a little bit of spying ahead and she is not a good person. I can't say exactly what she does because I can't read Korean but from purely looking at the future chapters she is really bad news.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread