Records of the Mystic Gardens - Ch. 39 - Curse Proficiency

My man Zhan Hao went from an absolute simp to a Thot Slayer. I know it probably won't stay this way, so I'm going to savour every. last. moment of this emotionally-vacant ruthlessness.

Damn I love those ruthless expressions. Characters like these are so rare, thanks for translating this gem~

Fed-Kun's army
Yep, the murderous grin sets this once and for all. He's just the nth psycho for plot sake, with no decent backstory or reason aside from being ruthless for the lolz. Still curious to see how it will end.

Supporter
Those two need a middle-man to mediate their mutual murder-crush.
Ooh unintentional alliteration.

when you find him, he's going to punch you in the face

and while it wouldn't be surprising if he did something horrible now, for now i think he's just vindictive and crazy rather than evil (i'm still gonna assume that he's decent overall)
it's hilarious that he's having this much fun tho, and this girl has absolutely no sense of shame as always

Dex-chan lover
id prefer it if he stays evil
while that smile spooks me i prefer things this way

Dex-chan lover
He's tons better as he is now
Hope he won't go back to being "charmed"

Dex-chan lover
well, this actually looks better for zhan hao
but according to spoilers popping on old chapters he gets the charm reapplied to him (if i didn't misread shits) , i thought it's gonna be good for MC but after considering that tao hua is a shameless bitch makes me feel awful for zhan hao. Would be nice if he landed some punch and break some of her limbs before that happen tho, can't stand this bich being all smug

@kamishiniyari
Regarding the charm
Its reapplied but its not as effective. Think of him as a 0 before and 10 without the charm, the new charm only has him at maybe 4-5 after a while. He can defy her and still is a combat junkie, just a bit nicer when out of combat. He's also definitely more dom in his relationship with her compared to being a 100% sub from before

I find it weird people are calling Zhan a bad guy he was emotionally and mentally manipulated for years and he is trying to stop her from cursing him again. Yes the smile was evil looking but I don't see his actions evil at all does anyone actually think he's evil?

Users who are viewing this thread