RED: Living On the Edge

Group Leader
@dorjj

It's just that Calamity Jane fought AGAINST the native Americans, not with them

Power Uploader
I really enjoyed this at the start, the characters and the story were all I wanted them to be but lately (I'm still 10 chapters behind, mind you, been reading it for the past week) it feels like everything has really stalled.
Character progression isn't really happening nor are relationships and the story is honestly getting pretty convoluted for what it is.
I'll stick with it as it could very easily turn all this around very quickly and I hope it does and ends up being an overall great experience and not something that leaves you slightly disappointed.

I agreed with Paulo until the Yellow arc. Really enjoyed Ieroh's backstory. I feel it stalled because it stopped characterizing. Now that we're learning more about our characters we're on the road again. Charlotte should make things interesting too.

Fed-Kun's army
That description will cause quite a stir within this community. Let's not judge a book by its cover and see how good this is.

I really wanted this to be good, but honestly the writing is too fast paced and the characters are underdeveloped for what was set up as a wonderful revenge story. Most significantly, this story fails to create a sense of pacing while traveling over hundreds of miles of land in 19th century America's. That said, this manga interesting a lot of the real life diversity of far west life in this period sets it far above and beyond most American depictions of the pre modern west.

It just never establishes characters beyond simple ur motives. Such a waste.

@ribbitribbitsaga We even got a glance at the reservation schools, which left out all the torture, sterilization, child sex slavery, human experimentation, and murder. I'd have liked to see Red's resolve after seeing that there is no depth the European settlers wouldn't lower themselves to.

Now I can see where this is going. Most of them will be dead, Red as well. Then Chirika and Scarlet will bang, Indian style.

Users who are viewing this thread