Red Storm - Vol. 16 Ch. 379

I'm okay with this. Honestly, it felt like Venersis is stronger than Yulian, but Yulian had to win somehow... feels like an okay way.

Finally the war is almost over.

After 379 chapters we get this bullshit.. Wow.... What a complete disappointment.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, guys, Yulian will jump into the hole and chase after Vernessi so that we can have our all out fight against the final boss of the dessert.

We have been waiting 300 chapters for this, just wait for 380.

ending wasn't expected and left me half satisfied but i guess this works for now, i can still look forward for the big fight

this is possible the worst thing the author could have done. all that build up thrown out of the window for this bitch Venersis to have some bs "honorable" ending.

i like this ending. venersis had to clean up the mess he made. yulian would have probably won, but at the cost of losing the tribe. at this point venersis is right, who will be able to stop the mayhem other than yulian or venersis. since venersis opened the gates, its ultimately his responsibility. with this act he pretty much gave yulian the head nod of respect to unify the desert

Fed-Kun's army
I kind of understand where this is coming from, but come on... At least the battle could have lasted a couple of chapters before this. Make us feel that Yulian has really stepped-up to Venersis!

Fed-Kun's army
@Luciberi @zetton @GreemVex It's not honorable or admirable. That's the entire point. Yeah, they'll probably spin this as something else for the sake of politics but it won't change the truth that Venersis spent a lot (if not all) his fighting life on his knees.

He knelt before the previous glow, even when ordered to do shit he knew was wrong. He knelt before Yulian's mother, and was thus caught off guard when she killed herself. Then he did it again when he let the world think he had killed her instead of holding to the truth. He knelt before the subsequent glow, even when doing so got many of his subordinates killed for nothing (see chapters where he's imprisoned). And here at the end, he kneels before Yulian.

At his core, Venersis was a broken coward. When that break happened exactly is unknown, but he was a man who would do stupid insane things to preserve "the honor and station of the tribe". Even when the tribe itself was just as broken as him, and he knew it.

Venersis jumping into the portal is the first (arguably) honorable / admirable thing he's done in a very long time. And it does very little to repair all the damage he's done before.

"I care not if I have all the world willing to die for me. Death is easy - anyone can do it, and it is no mark of skill or strength to convince others to die for my convenience."

Yulian should just take the win and save the tribe. However, most likely he's going to jump into the hole. Retarded.

I don't know where the author's going, but as others pointed out, he really screwed the ending. Big let down.

Users who are viewing this thread