Refusimg a FedEx package delivery?

Group Leader
Has anyone refused a Fedex delivery before, or knows what happens when you do?

To make a long story short: I bought something from BH and Amazon last week, but no longer need them. The Amazon seller told me to just refuse the delivery and bring it to a Fedex center. He said there will be no shipping cost if I refuse the package. However, BH sent me a shipping label and told me that if I use it, it will cost me $16 and will be deducted from my refund. But at first, they did say that if the item was still in box, I can refuse delivery. Well, they are still unopened, exactly the way they were delivered.

What happens if I just bring the two items to Fedex and tell them I don't accept delivery or say they were misdelivered and tell Fedex to sent them back to the sellers? Would anyone be charged?

Contributor
This is that other monitor, isn't it?

And I guess just go to FedEx and tell them you won't accept the delivery. If you have an e-mail from the Amazon seller and/or BH, maybe that can help your case.

Group Leader
@justforthelulz
If you have an e-mail from the Amazon seller and/or BH, maybe that can help your case.

Well...
The Amazon seller told me to just refuse the delivery and bring it to a Fedex center. He said there will be no shipping cost if I refuse the package. However, BH sent me a shipping label and told me that if I use it, it will cost me $16 and will be deducted from my refund.

The Amazon seller was helpful. BH wasn't exactly clear... I emailed them last night but haven't gotten a response back. I'm about to call Fedex in Walgreens near me to ask, when I take my break.

So much headache!

Fed-Kun's army
It seems pretty clear to me that there's no extra charge for return both by b&h and amazon.
And return policies are set by the store not the logistic btw. Most are usually free of charge for domestic shipping though.

yu6

Contributor
If you refuse the delivery the package will automatically return to the sender (so no extra cost for you).
If you accept the package, the delivery company will register your package as delivered so if you want to return the item you have to create a new delivery (won't be considered as the previous one) and you will have to pay to send/return the package

Group Leader
@421cookies
It seems pretty clear to me that there's no extra charge for return both by b&h and amazon.
Amazon is fine, but BH has that $16 return label, though? Even Newegg charges $10 for that.

@yu6 They were delivered when I wasn't home.

Fed-Kun's army
A bit of google search
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/UsedDeptReturn.jsp

https://bizfluent.com/how-8457070-refuse-fedex.html

seems like you can still refuse it if you didn't receive it directly.

Group Leader
@421cookies

I've read them already. Apparently, BH doesn't count the cost of the shipping label as part of the return cost, hence the $16 label. As in "we won't charge you for returning, but we charge for label."

I've called Fedex just now. They said I must have a return label from the seller to send it back. I can't just drop them off at a Fedex center and "refuse delivery". I'm guessing the Amazon seller was wrong, or maybe I'm missing something here...?

Users who are viewing this thread