Regarding Group Delays and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harassment or death threats is way over the top and should never be tolerated, but that having been said I DO understand the frustration ppl feel. I would GLADLY pay to get my favorite manga on time, but I have to rely on ppl who are doing it for free in most cases, and unfortunately when ppl do something for free they don’t always feel the need to provide good, on time service. When I nicely ask when they’re going to post a chapter they’re behind on, other users scream about how “well they’re doing us a favor!” Sorry, but constantly treating users like they don’t matter bc you don’t accept money for what you do stops feeling like a “favor” after awhile. Ppl also love to say “learn the language and translate on your own”, but clearly they have no idea what that entails. Here’s my thing-if you commit to doing something, do it, and if you can’t do it then use money to justify your tardiness, then you aren’t doing ME a favor in the first place. I’m always appreciative of scanlators and will always do what I can to support them, but I think a lot of this irritation could be avoided if they just got better at communicating (ironically). Like if they’re going to be a month behind on chapters, take 2 seconds and post a FB update letting ppl know what’s up, it’s what grown-ups do. I will always do whatever I can to show my appreciation to scanlators, but I also understand why ppl get so pissed off-it’s not just a one-sides deal, scanlators also contribute to the problem.

Dex-chan lover
@googolplexbyte
Wow, you really love telling people what to do and think, huh.
With those skills you'd make an awesome prison warden or religious leader.

Death threats? Seriously? WTH?! Twilightzone? A person's reality must be extremely altered to believe that a death threat is an acceptable form of communication. (Yeah, that will get you what you want. Tell 'em they're ugly and their ass is fat while you're at it. So immature. Stupid Arseholes.)

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Everyone, thank you for your opinions and posts. We appreciate your input. However, I've decided to lock the thread because it's basically devolved into a circlejerk at this point. The point was to raise awareness of the issue and make it clear how MD feels about this behavior. I think everything that can be said has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread