Regarding Group Delays and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the kind of idiots who do harassment are unlikely to click on the link that led to this news item. :-(

Dex-chan lover
I've seen too many manga being dropped to take scanlation for granted. Some titles I follow have been frozen for several years. Most of the time, I'm just glad there are people who take the time out of their lives to translate and clean manga for other people to read, completely free of charge.
With that in mind, being an asshole to scanlators is not exactly encouraging for them. Do you prefer delayed releases or no releases at all?

The way I see it, this conundrum boils down to four options:
1 - Learn Japanese AND buy all the hundreds of manga you're currently reading for free;
2 - Disregard what scanlators ask and end up with no scanlations to begin with;
3 - Make your own scanlations and distribute them however the hell you want;
4 - Stop whining.

This whole thing is quite obviously about Jaimini's Box and their huge delays. Look, it's not like I understand what's the point of that, but whether I read their release here or on their own site, it still won't cost me anything. How terrible can it be to click a few more times to get to their site and read Kaguya there?
Better yet, just check their site directly every week or so and you won't even notice the delay. I fail to see how is this even a problem, unless of course you're one of those people who only ever use a single aggregator for every manga they read; in other words, a filthy plebeian. I laugh at you.

To add to what the anon above said if you do visit their site use an adblocker. :v)

Fed-Kun's army
I actually like there to be a delay between chapters if it is a week. That way I have something to read in the future.

@Allexio
On a side note, the three people who commented before me should have their accounts banned as well for asking for goddamn proof.
"false flagging"?! do you even hear yourselves speak?

Ill tell you what it sounds like to me, Trump supporters claiming goddamn "fake news".

Get yourself a brain and think for a second about things instead of acting like sheep maybe?
Why would site admin take some time out of their busy schedule to post things like this? Do you think he is trolling us? Do you think he would post this if he didn't know it was the case?
And is it even that crazy that people are sending death threats? Cause it doesn't sound that way to me.

Ever hear of swatting and it's consequences? or maybe that's a "false flag" too. Keep living in your fantasy worlds where everyone is trying to lie to you for no benefit to them and I'm sure you'll be juuuust fine.

Yeah, the people asking for screenshots to confirm the information are the ''sheep'' here, and even the mere action of ASKING the people claiming to be harassed for evidence should warrant a ban, no questions asked.

I want you to look back and read your post again and ask yourself, is this the post of a reasonable individual or just someone driven by emotion? Because to me you look like someone who believes himself to have all the answers, have no humility to the possibility of being wrong and feel no need to look at facts and evidence.

Those bunch of immature brats don't ever and will never know how tedious scanlating manga is, especially if you do all the work alone -- translating, cleaning, typesetting, etc.

I for one had tried to scanlate by my own and had to give up halfway because of how time consuming it was. (One page was like 30 - 50 mins, especially LQ raw)

Harassing or sending threats won't get you anywhere, mate. Be grateful there are still people who love devoting their time to bring you contents for free. If all scanlating team or translator compromise together to bail out from giving you free contents, you will be damned for sure.

TL;DR: Learn to be grateful

I'm just curious to know why some don't believe that there have been death threats.

Humanity can be cruel about everything; death threats to a singer, an actor, a neighbour, gamers, cats... I could go on and on and ooon, we are after all, talking about humans. There are people who beats their partners just 'cause the dinner wasn't ready at xx time.

So, explaing to my why some don't believe that there are people nasty enought to threaten scanlators.
Why.

Group Leader
I really hope this doesn't poison the well when it comes to discussion over group delay. I have a wall of text prepared for how it can erode a great community, but the way this thread is going it feels like even mentioning it would far outpace this decline. Things like this should really be taken care of behind the scenes. Obviously you should tell people to kill themselves or make death threats of any sort, but I'd rather we not feel the need to circle the wagons because one person fired an arrow at the wagon train.

@juststubborn Asking for evidence to confirm a claim and not believing in it are two entirely separate things. Personally I think it's likely that it happened seeing how passionate the community is and how it draws in people from all across society, both people with intellectual integrity as well as self-entitled brats who want everyone to cater to them. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly accept what a stranger tells me without them providing any actual proof for it, which is just common sense.

We can still have a conversation of how bad this kind of behavior is, but if we're going to discuss taking actual action against it that's not going to happen until we have a proper idea of the scope and severity of the issue. Not for me and a lot of others, anyway.

There is always going to be a delay with scanlator groups. It's fucking dumb to get one's panties in a wad over it. I'm still waiting for chapter 59 of Crimson Spell, but I'm not going to flip my shit over the massive delay. Sometimes the issue comes down to funding. It costs money to pay for the necessary supplies needed to scanlate manga that we enjoy for free. Furthermore, because scanlators cannot legally profit from their work, they most likely have day jobs to support their passion. Asking for donations can only go so far.

As for death threats and harassment, it will get no one nowhere in the grand scheme of things. These people are not your enemies, therefore, you have no reason to wish for their end. As others have suggested, seek an alternative source if you are too impatient to wait for your favorite manga to update here. It's analogous with using a backup form of contraception should a lady forget to take her birth control pills.

Dex-chan lover
If you have time to email death threats and harassing messages to scanlation groups that already have a tough enough time coordinating and working on stuff to begin with, you have enough time to pick up a dropped series and use Google Translate to start translating it yourself kanji-by-kanji. And the next time one of you little shitheads thinks that giving grief to people that are doing this work is a good idea, keep in mind that no one is going to want to spend their spare time doing this and put up with your shit as well. Causing scanlation groups to quit will DEFINITELY delay releases. You have no one to blame but yourself if you're complicit in this.

Dex-chan lover
The online manga community is a garbage fire and honestly could use some pruning.

Dex-chan lover
@Allexio
On a side note, the three people who commented before me should have their accounts banned as well for asking for goddamn proof.
"false flagging"?! do you even hear yourselves speak?

Ill tell you what it sounds like to me, Trump supporters claiming goddamn "fake news".

You do know that you're supposed to fight cancer with chemo, not more cancer - right?

Although, ironically enough, you suddenly bringing politics and Donald Trump for no fucking reason and showcasing this behavior is actually pretty good proof in and of itself that someone could have such little self-awareness as to start harassing and threatening people over cartoon drawing translation efforts. So thanks, I guess?

Group Leader
Come on people just take it easy ... if you are in a rush go learn Japanese or do something to help the serie you want to be translated!
About the delays for sie update, let them be, just go read on their site...

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hello folks,

Just a gentle reminder to keep things civil. I've seen some posts outright attacking others for their views on this thread.

I haven't been able to hand out warnings on this thread due to how fast it's been moving during the day while I'm at work, but that changes now that I have a chance to address it. Anyone who can't discuss the situation civilly will take a forced vacation for a day or so from commenting. We want to encourage thoughtful discussion, not make posters like @ditshick feel like they can't post their opinion without being crapped on.

It’s upsetting how people who voluntarily provide translation (and the other additional services necessary to completing the final product), including kdrama and anime fansubs, receive such large proportions of ungrateful messages and threats due to some of their beneficiaries’ impatience. I don’t even understand how all these scanlators keep on doing such time consuming activities knowing that they won’t receive as much gratitude as they deserve. Bless all of you guys. You rock.
Coming from a wimp who’d quit and bawl in a corner after receiving one stupid “go kys” threat.

Can this threat be close already there is nothing else to say, those people are dicks and should be banned if they did send death threats. Everything else is just circle jerking over how entitled the readers are and how even questioning the scanlator groups is goddamn sin since they do it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread