Reiko no Fuugi

Dex-chan lover
@Random_Passer-by ah is that so? i'm used to manga having a massive backlog of untranslated chapters, it hadn't even crossed my mind that it'd be that new you know

Group Leader
@SOL_rocks
Just as a heads up, you can always check the raws link provided on the MD page to see how far off a scanlator is from catching up/frequency of releases. This series is effectively monthly since it releases half a chapter every two weeks.

Aggregator gang
if blondie saw her bank account she'd be like
"oh, shiz, your frigging broke. Must've got the wrong 'villain'"
and Rei-chan would be like
; v ; kay, young Mary-sama

00f

I don't wanna bother SOL_rocks by tagging her but I'm just saying
ch.3 isn't even out yet

Aggregator gang
This one has Kenkyo Kenjitsu's vibe, I wonder if the mangaka got inspired from Kenkyo Kenjitsu, even the MC' s name is kinda similar: Kujouin Reiko vs Kisshouin Reika. Oh well, maybe just coincidences, all the settings are just typical/cliché anyways.

this reminds me so much of reika-sama (novel) which i like. since this is comedy romcom school life modern world shoujo (seinen?), i will be tolerating many things.

this manga is adapted from a novel. its there in novelupdates with a similar name - reiko's manners

thanks for translating!

Aggregator gang
The comments have a lot of comparisons to Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu, but they are so misplaced it's not funny. Kenkyo goes nowhere for around 300 chapters, then gets canned. Reika from kenkyo practically gets tortured by her 'friends'. This story is the complete opposite. The first arc is a very satisfying read after 75 chapters same goes for the second arc. Overall this is just better story telling

There should be a novelupdates link on the info

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reikos-manners-shes-referred-to-as-a-villainess-but-actually-shes-just-penniless/

Someone should probably link it.

I've read the novel. This whole story's purpose is to torture this poor MC. Good story, but damn does MC suffer.

Aggregator gang
Katsuragi's name was stolen too? 😮 And the personality matches...

From what I understand from @Hypothon's spoilers, the story gets really dark later on. I hope they make it less painful for the manga version.

@Masgrande

Almost everyone in this story is an awful person.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/reiko’s-manners-–-she’s-referred-to-as-a-villainess-but-actually-she’s-just-penniless.101808/

According to people who read the MTL of the web novel:

Fuki was obsessed with Mary and abused Reiko as a child, since she took all of Mary's attention. She also lied to Reiko's dad, which caused him to disown Mary and Reiko. This is the reason why they're poor. She also told lies about Reiko to multiple people, including her grandson, who would then push her down some stairs. She lives a happy rest of her life.

Isekai girl is delusional and brainwashes everyone, including the otome heroine. At the end of the story, she creates a successful otome game, and lives a happy life.

Otome heroine is brainwashed and acts like a b*tch towards MC. She ends up moving to America and lives a happy life.

Reiko's landlady is important and is the only genuinely nice person in the story, aside from the twins. She takes care of Reiko after she got pushed down the stairs. Ends up marrying Reiko’s dad at Reiko's insistence. Reiko loves her like a mother. Reiko's "revenge" is to take up all her time, so she can't spend it with the sh*t dad.

Reiko's dad is a total piece of sh*t. Disowns Mary and pushed Reiko onto Mary to burden her due to Fuki's lies. Tried to scam Reiko out of her money. When a landslide hit Reiko’s house, he was there and could have saved her, but instead slapped her hand away. Ends up falling in love with landlady. I mean, he lives a relatively happy life too, since he's married to his "true love".

Two out of six capture targets like her for her body. Doctor doesn't seem relevant to the love story.

I think Reiko ended up marrying "poor" black haired, sword guy from chapter 3's ML intro. Reiko doesn't seem interested in other MLs.

Sara and Soujuu are the best friends to the end. They get married to their arranged marriage partners.

Reiko is too nice and doesn't try to get revenge on the antagonists. She also never thought Fuki was abusing her. It seems like Reiko gets abused throughout the whole story and does nothing about it. She's frustratingly naive. Which is fine, I guess.

Villains don't get served justice and they all live happily ever after. It seems like it will be good hate-read material, if MTL web novel spoilers are true.

Is this connected to the Reika-sama chronicles?
I really really like this one, the characters and pace and attention to detail are great. But if it ends up like the spoilers said, then I def don’t want to end up disappointed like that.

I don't know about the spoilers, but for now it seems like a pretty unusual and nice manga.
Hope that it does not get worse latter

To be honest, from the spoilers, this manga seems pretty realistic. Lots of stories focus on tropes of somehow satisfying yet realistically unattainable revenge for readers to enjoy, but this story seems more grounded to reality. In that sense, there isn't really anything reasonable she can do to take revenge, and, like reality, karma doesn't exist and the world doesn't move in accordance to the principle of "an eye for an eye".

Users who are viewing this thread