Reincarnated as the Daughter of the Legendary Hero and the Queen of Spirits - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

I feel so bad for Lafilia, the mc has everything, she has the love of her family, understanding, she's smart and a spirit with powers, when Lafilia has a terrible mother,and father who does not understand her, the princes only see her as a friend so it will probably break her heart, nobody calls her cute when she is, even that friendly grandma is so cold to her. I hate all the characters exept Lefilia and mc.

I dislike a lot about this manga but probably its saving grace is that many of the characters are actually flawed. I appreciate that people in this have traits that cause them to make bad decisions - especially from the people on the "allied" side. It is far more interesting to read than just, for example, painting the aunt as a villain who took nobility for granted to become evil / arrogant etc.

For one of a direct family of the OP and wholesome MC to be this f*cked off is too much. It make my mouth all bitter and also make me want to skip all this until it end and a new less toxic arc start. You don't go 'let them realize it by themself' when it's already just one step before it break.

Dex-chan lover
It's not even her fault: the mother is a bitch, the father is an idiot and the grandmother has lost hope for them... Obviously she is mad...

Right, there's a lot to unpack here, because everything is going up in flames. Or near the explosive point.

Now obviously, we don't need to talk about Lafilia's circumstances, she's had it very rough, and basically no one is giving her what she wants, be it explanations, love, or any real sense of joy. Besides the two princes, which can be turned into a massive problem should the evil prince (yes I know he's king now, I'm still calling him prince) know about their relationship.

But let's talk about her mother first. Now I don't know what she was truly like from the start, but it was either one of two things:

1- A truly normal woman that simply had pity on a man trapped in a broken home, giving him comfort in her arms and a bundle of joy later on, starting the family he always wanted.

2- An opportunist that saw a noble down on his luck and got close to him in the hopes that one day, she herself would become a noble and no longer a commoner.

In both cases, that seems pretty normal and average, not especially bad, let alone evil. She might've only seen Sauvel as a simple power tool and desired to stay with him for the power while also wanting Rovel, be it for the power or simple lust. But I'd like to think she genuinely cared for him, at least before the bombshell was dropped on her. As for Lafilia, I think she also cared for her back before they became nobles, because Aria specifically said the following:

And what would you do if you dropped it and hurt yourself!!!

That implies she cared about her own daughter's well-being, at least back then. But after she became a noble? Well, I could say she might've gotten drunk off the power, but she barely had any time to bask in the luxury of nobility before Ellen appeared in her life. So I assume that being made aware of the dangers she was in, especially having it all explained to her by a random child she'd never met or even heard of prior and therefore humiliated even more had it been her husband or mother/brother-in-law, had her condition spiral out of control.

What made it worse was the fact that three years and a half had passed ever since she was told she was the first in the line of fire, and clearly Sauvel and Aria never hashed out the whole thing together, maybe even became estranged. Lack of communication between them would obviously lead their relationship to deteriorate, so whatever love they had for each other before, it's probably gone now, and the marriage has become toxic not just for them, but Lafilia as well, who's suffering most.

And now we double back to Sauvel, who shares just as much blame as Aria, because not only did he not communicate to her, but he barely gives time for his own daughter, absorbing himself in his work that mostly concerns Ellen's abilities. So it all goes back to Ellen, who's the root for all of Lafilia's problems. But even so, Sauvel didn't try anything for Lafilia, and instead of deciding to talk to her and have her find a father that truly loves her, he decides to just send her away to be a proper noble, and should that fail, he'd send her back to the peasantry with her mother. Now keeping her in a household filled with people she views as her enemies is a bad idea, but a worse idea is to abandon his own daughter like that. Who knows what she'll grow up to now? And who knows who'll target her now that she's no longer a noble?

And can we talk about the grandma, who doesn't even tell him to talk to either of his girls and instead goes for obvious 'solutions'? I thought she was the more reasonable one in the family.

In all cases, I'm worried for what's gonna happen to Lafilia now. She's clearly run away, and who knows what the princes asked of her, if it were even them to begin with.

This manga has overall left countless problems in many of the characters that aren't Ellen or her parents, some of which aren't just character flaws but gaping writing flaws. I hope it'll fix itself soon, but I can't say I have high hopes.

This entire family really is broken, and it starts with Sauvel. How on earth did Rovel turn out ok while his brother became a disaster? At this point there's no real reason for him to have a family, he simply doesn't care about guiding his wives (his ex-wife and his current wife, they both became messes) and he has absolutely no interest in raising his daughter. He uses work as an excuse for not being able to spare a couple minutes for his daughter who is obviously in distress.

See if Ellen can do something to help her cousin out. It's also sad that Lafilia has no clue who her cousin is.

Wow, there goes all sympathy for the brother and the grandma is a pos too.
This whole family is fucked just go back to spirit world.

Dex-chan lover
sigh...the clusterfuck grows...

like, you thought the story would go in a better tangent but nooo. because the people in this world are all messed-up fucks.

yep. just like us. you hear me? we're all fucked up.

Double-page supporter
I thought the mother would be a massive bitch in earlier chapters, I see that I was right. The whole mortal side of this family is pretty damn dysfunctional.

Oh for f..... seriously how much of a screw up is the younger brother? This manga seems to be just about his niece fixing the mess he's made. he's a lousy father, every thing else can be argued was out of his hand, but ignoring his daughter is his own fault.

Also why haven't they allowed the two cousins to meet? Might be nice for the little girl to have someone her own age and same standing to help her in this world she's been thrust into.

I don't know why most of the comment blames Sauvel family in this situation, I mean yeah I get that his wife was a lost cause at best and Sauvel himself wasn't exactly as capable as his brother and his father but no one, not one person actually realize that they have a hand in this situation.
I mean sure Sauvel was far from a decent father and his wife should be sent to the loony house as soon as possible but the other character wasn't exactly blameless either. IMO Sauvel and his daughter were more reacting to the whole situation where the MC and her father create/instigating the whole affair.

the servants, they're probably the worst characters/human in this manga/novel on top of creating a toxic environment by gossip/simp fo the MC one of them I mean that one maid with the black hair actually did the worst at least in this chapter, what did she do when an alcoholic and mentally unstable person berating and splashing wine toward a child.
maid: are you okay child, MyLady I think u should abstain from drinking alcohol............I think I am gonna leave this room.........
me: WHAT?..................did she just leave a CHILD alone in a room with a deranged individual albeit that's the child-mother and her employer but still she just turns a blind eye toward possible child abuse situations

Grandmother, WTF is wrong with her, the treatment that Laffilia received was way different than with the MC, and then she had the balls to judge the situation as if she was removed from the whole debacle.

The Hero, he could just offer to share some of the responsibility or workload that Sauvel has so he could make time for his family cause to me he seems to be unemployed in fairyland and also the hero could just wear some kind of mask or helmet if he already knows that his looks/face could bewitch anyone.

the lack of human decency from the characters that spent most of their panel simp for the MC was baffling in here.

Dex-chan lover
hmm all i see is a family crumbling in the Shadow of a Giant

Double-page supporter
Holy hell, Sauvel is a terrible father. Not sympathizing with his child is going to be his downfall.

this is a good plot, I never read something like this before. a little fire will become a big problem later.

@R-Mod If I recall, Rovel being in the Spirit World for as long as he has been caused his body to change and take on characteristics of a spirit. As a result, Souvel's wife became enchanted by him the moment they met, and the lack of contact between the two might have manifested in her as alcoholism. Her becoming "rotten" might be due to Souvel being mad neglectful towards her, and clearly not getting help in "getting over" Rovel.

Regardless, wtf is wrong with Grandma?? She's super tanked to me. She's not helping in this situation at all.

Users who are viewing this thread