Reiwa no Dara-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Aww man, he really did love her... I hope in future flashbacks he does something for her that will help her in this era. I think the arm still has such a grudge because it was separated from her with that anger, even if she has mellowed out a bit recently, her sealed arm doesn't have an ego like that, only undirected hatred.
Also, small thing and really just a gripe, I hate that whole idea of women loosing power when they have kids. I wanted mama to see her snake friend too

Dex-chan lover
Also, small thing and really just a gripe, I hate that whole idea of women loosing power when they have kids. I wanted mama to see her snake friend too
First of all, one "o" in "losing" my dude.
Second of all, I agree with your sentiment but I believe that idea exists in manga to be representative of real life. Mothers often do give up power, in the form of freedom and time, when they have kids. It's one of the greatest sacrifices a person can make, and so one that deserves respect and gratitude.
That said, motherly sacrifice is changing in some places (looking at you Western world) so mothers don't need to give up their freedom or at least don't have to give it up so completely when they have kids.

Dex-chan lover
Editing shit in mobile is trash for this website, can't go back for a letter
First of all, one "o" in "losing" my dude.
Second of all, I agree with your sentiment but I believe that idea exists in manga to be representative of real life. Mothers often do give up power, in the form of freedom and time, when they have kids. It's one of the greatest sacrifices a person can make, and so one that deserves respect and gratitude.
That said, motherly sacrifice is changing in some places (looking at you Western world) so mothers don't need to give up their freedom or at least don't have to give it up so completely when they have kids
In this manga the loss of power is even worse because she can't see her friend at all. This is a shinto idea put in here and not meant to be reflective of the mother's sacrifice at all. It's still frustrating to read about in manga or experience it in any religion, not just shinto. The idea that menstruating women are dirty, that purity is power and when that is lost so goes their power. I couldn't touch a shrine in my own kitchen when I worked in a japanese restaurant despite it's upkeep actually being a job description, the idea is still prevalent. They couldn't put that a woman couldn't do it, it was kinda funny watching them dodge the subject. It makes sense that it's put in this manga given the setting, it's just extra sad to read since it's this great relationship that can never be.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Editing shit in mobile is trash for this website, can't go back for a letter

In this manga the loss of power is even worse because she can't see her friend at all. This is a shinto idea put in here and not meant to be reflective of the mother's sacrifice at all. It's still frustrating to read about in manga or experience it in any religion, not just shinto. The idea that menstruating women are dirty, that purity is power and when that is lost so goes their power. I couldn't touch a shrine in my own kitchen when I worked in a japanese restaurant despite it's upkeep actually being a job description, the idea is still prevalent. They couldn't put that a woman couldn't do it, it was kinda funny watching them dodge the subject. It makes sense that it's put in this manga given the setting, it's just extra sad to read since it's this great relationship that can never be.
Thanks for explaining that!!
I didn't know about the loss of purity idea, nor that it was a Shinto custom. I apologize and thank you for the correction.

Do you know of any well written literature online or in print in English I could read to learn more about the Shinto religion? I want to inform myself on the topic so as not to repeat my mistake.

Also my condolences about your workplace. I don't really know what else to say, besides it's unfortunate that that aspect of the religion has stuck around and is having such a negative impact on women today.

Dex-chan lover
Lol Dara has been not just best girl of the mountain but has best girling for the Misogiya family for likely generations.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, so unfortunately it really was true. He loved her. Did she push him away as a last gesture of love, to save his life? :fml:
Also I was wondering about the bell she had on in the previous chapter where she was fixing the shrine. Happy we got background on that.

Dex-chan lover
Hinata ordering a spiriting away like it is take out.
mv7KAGH.png

DAAAAAMN... BOI, SHE THICC.

Users who are viewing this thread