Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni Naruzo: Akuyaku Reijou ni Naru hodo Ouji no Dekiai wa Kasoku Suru you desu! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Took a look at it and if you're implying what I think you are, that'd be pretty wild.
namely that the other guy also has an eyepatch, which is on the other eye. If it's a char we know, then the hair color implies it could be the blind guy, and if MC gave him one of her eyes that would be metal as fuck.
You get the prize. No idea what the prize is, but you get it.

Dex-chan lover
"The research consistently documents and details the risk of psychological harm that social isolation creates, including mental pain and suffering and the increased incidence of self-harm and suicide."
That research is about prison confinement, which is involuntary isolation. That's not quite what happens here. She always had a choice. As her father said, he expected her to back down.

Voluntary isolation doesn't have nearly the same negative effect as involuntary isolation.

Dex-chan lover
Father: "You can either wait 2 years, or learn extremely difficult magic."

Alicia: "Okay I'll spend 2 years learning extremely difficult magic."

Father: "wait no not like that"

Dex-chan lover
That research is about prison confinement, which is involuntary isolation. That's not quite what happens here. She always had a choice. As her father said, he expected her to back down.

Voluntary isolation doesn't have nearly the same negative effect as involuntary isolation.
Fair point!

Two years of isolation is still wild tho. Her social skills would realistically be very poor from missing out on learning social cues and norms that other young women would learn in her society.
She has a past life's memories it's true, but from the wrong society to be relevant.

Dex-chan lover
Two years of isolation is still wild tho.
And a lot of people have recently learned what isolation does to you even if it's not that long. You can even gather a bit of data for how voluntary vs. involuntary isolation did.

She has a past life's memories it's true, but from the wrong society to be relevant.
I think that saves her a lot, though. Sure, it's not the same society, but she's also always been a little off anyway, and never cared much for proper etiquette. Her memories add up to experience in how to handle people, which also accounts for a higher maturity. It's more like she won't be as far ahead as she used to.

Dex-chan lover
Alicia, demonstrating her lvl 90 magic: "This, this is what is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended past a Super Saiyan."

Double-page supporter
No worries. It goes way different than that. It turns into quite a complex story from here on out, actually. I suspect the other guy quit the WN way way too early.
I read past chapter 300 in the webnovel which is way farther than the manga and much farther than it deserved. While she doesn't act a doormat or anything, there's way too much focus on the creepy prince who's constantly fantasizing about this 15-year-old, while saying things like "I just want to lock you away." And then the terrible second ML got introduced who was creepy and sadistic, and she gets basically no agency in the story in the part where he gets introduced.
I mean she almost fucking drowned in a lake and had to be saved by him, it was like she didn't have any magic at all. The story bends over backwards just so that she can get saved by a man.

Dex-chan lover
I'm rather piqued to see that the higher-ups read both the materials from Liz and Alicia and find them complementary in nature, with Liz highlighting the ethical and humanitarian issues while Alicia explored the nitty-gritty technicals, both addressing the same problem.

Honestly a fan of how revolutionary they could've been had they worked side-by-side instead of being antagonistic to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread