Release That Witch - Ch. 100 - Returning in the Rain

Dex-chan lover
@MCX01
@hyenagames

her relation to Lightning is....

Adoptive step mom caretaker.... kinda...
She was the caretaker of lightning when she was a child because her mom is dead while onboard lightning´s dads boat who she also got a HUGE crush for lightning´s dad along with the rest of the nation they come from.
He is pretty much a super celebrity as he is the best captain/explorer in the world, witch is a big deal for a sea merchant/pirate nation.
But they are not married or even in a real relationship by any means.
Lightning's dad and her are only in a work relationship.....for now.....
( Roland recruits her dad as his admiral after he more or less takes over the world and he ships them together in more ways then one if you know what i mean 👺 )

In the novel this is not explained untill much later as she never actually gave away the fact she knew lighting personally when this happend.
You did get to know she knew lightning somehow but not why from her internal thoughts thought, but Roland never knew about it.
It was not until much later he finds out about lightning's dad that you get to know that they used to work together.
she is going to become Roland's number 1 trading partner for the rest of the series.

Dex-chan lover
If Lightning's related to her at all, genetics are gonna bless her hard. She's already got the beginnings of a great ass, but if that chick's her mother we're going to see a huge rack in the future. Future knockout, comin' up.

Ih the merchant is more .... Bouncing that i thought she be i assume she had a more cool businesswoman lool to here not that im complaining this look of hers

Dex-chan lover
What a lovely family reunion. The cunning merchant sees her younger adventurous sister

Wow, they really skipped over the initial negotiations and introduction with Margaret. Since they basically skipped her character intro, let me catch anyone who cares up to speed. She’s a merchant based in Graycastle’s Kong’s City, but hails from the “Fjords.” Her attitude was originally very business like, and she came to Border Town only because she had heard about the steam engines from Barov’s subordinate who went to kings city to find saltpeter traders, and is only interested in them.

Once she sees the steam engines, she becomes enthusiastic about their negotiations like seen in this chapter, and decides to buy a number of them for a large sum of gold. Roland uses this gold to purchase saltpeter from her and invest in other products to develop border town economically and militarily.

Roland was never reluctant to sell them, unlike in this chapter: “never meant to be sold.” My ass. Unnecessary and unrealistic liberty taken by the comic. She’ll be an important character moving forward, so I felt the need to clarify. I don’t know why they would skip an important introduction.

Dex-chan lover
@LordPigeater7: They also did that with the 'duck knight'

@Goldenzeal: Went to check the WN
It's right after this moment that she tell Roland about her history of working on Thunder's boat as well as being Lightning's caretaker because Roland noticed the concern she showed was not exactly what you'd see from 'just' a fan of celebrity seeing the daughter of one.

What she hid from Roland for a long time was actually that she came to Border Town on Thunder's instruction, because he has what is essentially magical GPS item (Lightning's little necklace gem) so he knew she's there.

Users who are viewing this thread