Release That Witch - Ch. 108 - The Test Begins

Dex-chan lover
wtf, what caliber that revolver had that can break through thick metal sword and still creating a big crater on one's side?

Dex-chan lover
@ajwf
iirc she's rather skinny in girl form and 'plump' pigeon. At least she was living like a real pigeon and constantly in fear when Tilly first found her.

She get plumper the more she stays and also more energetic as well

@PhoenixDen: iirc
Roland admit it's Ash's win since there's no drawback to him but Ash also admit to herself that an army with those revolvers can definitely defeat the church.

So as parting gift, Ash went and kill the church's delegation to give Roland time to build more of these guns (obviously she didn't tell him about the church's arrival)

Also Maggie stay behind to be messenger between Roland and Tilly.

Thanks for the upload.

That Maggie in her plump bird form makes me want to have a plump bird pet

Aggregator gang
Well once again artist has no idea how guns or combat works lol since there's no way a gun does that kind of damage (author is much more realistic in the LN so this is artistic license)

Well, only reason to stay with the manga is cute girls at this point.

@commandodude If you look at early rifles and pistols that tended to be larger calibre, they did chunk humans. Maybe not quite like that but if you got hit with a musket you weren't getting back up soon.

Unlike modern weapons which are designed to cause large wounds and incapacitate, early doctrine was to aim for a kill and their choice of calibre reflects that. I'm going on an assumption that in a fantasy world where combatants have the chance to be quite a bit tougher than your average human, firearms would be a bit beefier to compensate.

Also a small wound isn't very showy, big wounds are far more impressive for us to look at.

Double-page supporter
Lol. She's like, "I win."

Honey, he got KO'd. YOU died. You better thank Nana, and Prince Roland.

Contributor
I think the Collier flintlock repeating revolver was used in this chapter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Km5KaeO7I as you can see them making cartridges for it in the previous one.

It was a 12 mm caliber bullet in the novel, plus it also took a chunk of Ashes' sword with it.

Her sword was described as being large, but made out of low quality iron and not that great overall, it didn't give her any protection against bullets.

Aggregator gang
almost gets a headshot right after being told not to aim for the head

@ahobaka The video that you linked says Colliers required manually spinning to the next round and it doesn't appear that a second hand touched the weapon.

Aggregator gang
@creamedice Actually they didn't. Even larger caliber bullets would not make a hole that size. I mean yeah a bullet would knock your ass flat and do a lot of damage, but it would not rip off flesh unless you are talking about a small cannon ball or grapeshot pellet.

Yes it is showy. No I don't like it.

@commandodude The bullet didn't do the chunking, it was the shrapnel from the sword. Also, in the LN, the sword was made of poor quality iron, not steel. Moreover, it was already old and damaged. A bullet being able to penetrate shouldn't be that difficult.

This is novel stuff anyway. The artist could probably have drawn or explained things better, but yeah... Stuff gets cut.

Dex-chan lover
he already lost because he literally shot too close to the head with the first shot

Users who are viewing this thread