Release That Witch - Ch. 116 - For Veronica

The manhua left out a very big point of intimacy for these two: the revolvers (in the novel she was given a pair of them) had "Dedicated to Veronica" engraved on them. Also, there was no Overwatch joke for this section of the novel, though given similar jokes later down the line (there's one about Soldier 76) that's not nearly jarring a change.

The design of that revolver hurts me. First off why the hell does a revolver have a ramrod like a it's a breach loader? Even the igniting mechanism makes no since. It's in line with the chamber sure, but not the chamber behind barrel. Secondly it's shaped like a flintlock but has no flint on the hammer.(Though it may just be hard to see with the art style.) Secondly it has an indention for black powder but it's on the side of the gun out in the open. Shit if I didn't know any better I'd say he's trying to kill nightengale.

Edit: And it has shells? Why the hell does it have a flint on the hammer? It's also using metal shells and not paper, god in heaven give me the strength.

Dex-chan lover
@jj7009 The pistol is probably based off the collier flintlock revolver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Km5KaeO7I
Which does have a ramrod, and pretty sure most flintlock pistols do too.
I guess they just didn't bother closing up that indentation like in the original. They also omitted the priming box meaning they would have to pour powder manually for every chamber.
I assume they also improved the trigger/cocking mechanism to revolve the cylinder automatically too. because you cannot revolve the cylinder with one hand.

The casings falling out is a travesty tho.
There is no way for the primer to get to the propellant, unless it too is indented and has a guide to align it and since it uses cartridges in a revolver that doesn't have a loading gate or open up the only way to get it out of the gun is from the front which not makes the cartridges fall out when pointed down it may also just blow up in your hand while firing.

@DexDexDexina wow really informative thank you for the info 😁. But that also discredits the supieror rate of fire. It can fire six shots sure, but then you have to go through a very laborious process. Honestly it would have been more prudent to do a pepper box style rather than a revolver if that's what his results are.

Dex-chan lover
She can't say it.

Plus, that's a matchlock revolver. Made in Germany, 1580, it was the most reliable firearm back then.

@jimmyclear it's actually a flint lock, note the flint in the hammer. A matchlock has a "match" or slow burning string that goes through the hammer like so. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f1b8082782cca90b4cf2cb7453310ecb.webp

That pose at the very end with Nightingale’s inner thoughts is just glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread