Release That Witch - Ch. 214

Double-page supporter
@BillKaiser
Leacher is the normal/accepted term though. You are simply consuming. Receiving the fruits of other's effort, giving nothing back. Then there is also consuming the site's bandwidth. But people generally aren't directly complaining about the leeches - til the leeches start complaining about what they're receiving completely for free. There is no real room for you to be offended.

Double-page supporter
@BillKaiser As the other guy pointed out, you have no idea what you're talking about. Not only are you wrong, you're also a moron.

This really isn't a situation that should be getting this heated. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another, nor am I any authority on the matter, but can we try and keep this civil?
From what I can tell, the last 30 chapters are translated, just not on Mangadex. On many aggregate site, you can find other translation projects that have reached that point in the story. Not sure why they decided to post it on MD though, since this site is clearly a lot more picky about who has claim to a given translation project.

@Alciel What's mixed manga? I have MD set to only show me English translations, is it related to that?

Double-page supporter
@Bluedudu Their origin is no excuse! If you employ yourself into a job you expect money from (and let's be serious 99% of manhua tls do it for money) then you either are serious about your job or don't expect to be payed. Most tls that actually speak Chinese adhere to this axiom and provide a good result. The problem is with the tls-in-name only, especially those from SEA region who don't speak or read Chinese and the same for English or speak a very very bad Engrish version of English. The tl in this instance belongs to this cathegory and they work in the following way: Straight up MTL the chapter, since they don't speak Chinese, then using their very limited knowledge of English correct some of the most blatant errors which are an eyesore even for them and then post the chapter and lay back waiting for the dough to come in. Time taken for this work maybe an hour at most, since it's the software that does most of the work. Now this compared to actual tls that translate for real is just an insult both to the readers and the competition who actually take the time to translate. This is also why most Chinese manhua do not get translated at all in good quality because MTL-users pop out chapters at super speed, making it unprofitable for actual tls, hence they drop popular series and focus on less-known series, until those get popular and the MTL-users start sniping.
So in short: If you don't speak the language for God's sake don't try translating from/to it...

Leacher is the normal/accepted term though. You are simply consuming. Receiving the fruits of other's effort, giving nothing back. Then there is also consuming the site's bandwidth. But people generally aren't directly complaining about the leeches - til the leeches start complaining about what they're receiving completely for free. There is no real room for you to be offended.
@bk3k It was clearly being used as an insult.

This was really good. You should see if they'll collaborate with you. You can proofread their translations.

Group Leader
cancerous groups that try luring people to their site with dirty moves like this should get banned.

Reported the group, violation of rule 3.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread