Release That Witch - Ch. 227

Dex-chan lover
Or maybe she can stabilize the state of an object into their equilibrium state ?

She might be able to turn water into it's base state. Kind of like "purifying" it.

Can she do it on other elements? That would be wild.

Dex-chan lover
Her power, according to the WN
Accelerate molecular interactions

So it's not that she's 'melting' the snow or 'cool down' hot water, she's accelerating how fast the energy transfer between the snow/water and the air.

Isn't accelerating molecular interactions basically accelerating entropy? Wouldn't that consequently be just raising the temperature in the first place?

that's a broken power for an alchemist.. she can control all Catalysis.. so she could stabilize all chemical reaction with no need of a lot of catalyst element.. so they will can do anything.. with so few materials.. broken indeed..

Dex-chan lover
damn those "lights"

the difference of witch is that they can't have kids and they most likely never gets old and probably some kind of immortal
i've never read any info of witch died of old age

i really wish the author remember, even purification should NOT suddenly clean everything (i think it is...)
it's used so much energy just to destroy matter into nothingness, which is impossible (it used so much is xianxia, which is stupid to the max, but they do love hyperbole)
there should be some residue at least, not total purification
it's way out of place for a novel where logic used side by side with magic (i dont care much logic with other novel, since it's "magic")
so far only 1 other manga where author remember that "purfification" does clean but there's always some residue of the dirt
i forgot which, it's another manga where once a month update is already Godsent

Time ability or restore ability maybe. Turned snow back into water and turned hot back to cold. Turned bubbly water back to pre bubbled. It’s a stretch but it’s can’t be a dupe ability too obvious

@Mpwilson123 - due to how most of the "magic" ability seems to be related to "science", I am guessing it is more of controlling molecules. The snow to water and hot water to cold water could be explain of speeding and slowing down of molecules. The bubble disappearing is probably related to the manipulation of the water molecules and causing the bubble to pop or something along that line.

Aggregator gang
why do i read this and think the abilities are mainly from nano machines lol.

Dex-chan lover
@blackhawkrider

I wouldn't say "most" even, as their abilities are all over the place, especially in the case of those witches that have more than one power.

Nightingale detects lies and can move through a magical subspace.
Maggie can shapeshift, ignoring clothing and mass. And if you thought that's out there, her second power - which is not much of a spoiler since it's mostly played for laughs and doesn't have any major role in the story itself - can alter reality.

Dex-chan lover
hmm when i remember it correctly
isnt it brought up somewhere later int he webnovel, that the main flaw in his technology knowledge is that he doesnt have any idea about magic? and always ignoring it, besides using it as a tool

Dex-chan lover
@blackhawkrider
@Mpwilson123

Her power is...

The power to control the speed of molecules, which in a way can work as limited-time control as it does allow her to "fast forward" chemical reactions.
She can speed things up and slow them down which makes things hot or cold, but she can't stop it completely and she can´t reverse the effects.
The reason the soap bubbles disappeared is that the liquid ( the water ) and the soap separated after she made the molecules speed up
( similarly, a bottle of soda would instantly lose all carbon-dioxide that makes it bubbly and it would become stale)

It also allows her to, for example, make things rust by speeding up the molecules which as a side effect increases the rate of how fast things combine and split apart.
This could also allow her to do things like make nuclear waste release its radiation faster which would make it more dangerous but also lower its half-life by a significant amount if she lived in our world.

@Rukja

well, he doesn't know what makes magic work, so he does the best he can to use it without knowing what fuels the magic itself.

Users who are viewing this thread