Release That Witch - Ch. 228 - Heart of the Forest

@dinkan
Thank you for translating this chapter, it's so much better than the other that came out. At least the text in every bubble makes sense and the choice of words seems very appropriate. Please keep it up!

This is so much better than the other releases, you can see that the people who did this actually put effort in it! Keep the good work!

Double-page supporter
Still, Leaf's evolution is the most magnificent one than the other evolved witches. Become a dryad, damn. What a great power.

Thanks for the hard work, just do at your own pace. And keep healthy.

Double-page supporter
Ok, so read the first bubble and that was enough to convince me this version is worse than the other group's! If you're gonna snipe at least make a better quality snipe, jeez...

We're back! Please don't forget to read the message at the end!

P.S. If the image looks pixelated, try a different browser.

Looking forward to actually reading through the mass releases again for the better translation. Just to make sure there was nothing I completely missed out due to MTL.

Keep up the good work.

Yay they're back! Thanks for picking this up again

@Vengeance22 huh I don't understand, the raws of chapter 228 were full of hard-to-clean watermarks and onomatopoeia. This end product is clearly quality work in terms of cleaning and wording (not that the other group didn't put in any effort)

Double-page supporter
@miscalculation2 I was referring to the grammar used, that is just a hellish translation right there: "I shall to support you with all my power..." Does that seem correct to you or does it seem that something unnecessary is added? I'm not a native English-speaker, but if that first bubble seemed horrible to me, then I don't even want to think about how a native English-speaker would feel...
Hence why I skipped reading the chapter, if you make such a blatant mistake in the first bubble then I can't expect anything good in the rest.
That said I will give them the benefit of the doubt, since they were one of the original teams translating this hoping things will improve, although back then Chicken scans was the translator and they did everything else I think and now Chicken is not there as I see, so probably that's why the translation quality dropped, I don't know, but hope it will be better next time.

“Hellish translation”

he just added an extra “to” my dude, take that out and the sentence is totally fine.

@Vengeance22, no offense or anything but that reasoning is kind of dumb, it was a simple mistake, there are many sooooo many other manga's that have way too fucked up translation, that mistake was just a scratch of what you would find of bad translation, just be grateful that people are even translating and for free in that manner. Literally one mistake to make you skip the whole chapter!? What kind of reason is that, that's like being in COD deathmatch game, and saying "Oh, I died, might as well leave since I already died". But whatever, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Double-page supporter
@Alfredooo0s The issue is that that simple mistake was made in the very first bubble, you don't do that if you are serious about what you do because the very first bubble can make or ruin your translation, since if the reader is greeted by a typo or a blatant mistake like that they will get turned off easily, especially if there is a comparison chapter like in this case. Many of us read the other version, then wanted to read this version too just to compare and see if this was better, then comes that blatant mistake in the face right from the first bubble? Sorry, but that gave such a bad taste in my mouth that I had to release it instantly and you guys covering for them just makes it worse.
A simple admission from their part that they did a blooper and they will do better next time would've been way better and we could've avoided extending this argument any further.

Sorry guys! This chapter was a one-man-army situation from me, had to work quite a bit of overtime to get it out! Grammar mistake in the first bubble will be fixed asap.
@Vengeance22 Next time, please point out the error in your original comment. I would've gotten to it much sooner!

Double-page supporter
@Vengeance22
First, calm down there.
Second, you are incredibly illogical and irrational to judge the whole chapter by a single bubble having a single error. That being the first bubble or not is irrelevant.
You need to read the whole chapter to judge the whole chapter. That's as obvious as it gets, or so I'd assume (til now).

I'm guessing you are the sort who only reads news story headlines... and thinks they've learned all they need to know from only that.

Double-page supporter
@br3k Totally wrong there buddy, obviously you didn't read my comments or you would know what and why I said those things. So I guess you're the one who reads only headlines and thinks he understood everything, not me...

@TheCarat Thanks for that, I hope you understand why I had to point this out so much, you guys are a group with reputation, so it's unbefitting of you to make such errors.

If Leaf is connected with all the plants in the garden
And they’re eating the corn
Oh no
This is vore

Nice to see you’re back. But I’m gonna keep this on hold until we get a decent translation like yours for 209 upto this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread