Release That Witch - Ch. 79 - Echo (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@LGear It does, through the character, as you have concluded yourself. I believe that was the point of the other commenter. It's a clash of cultural values.

Dex-chan lover
So she can imitate the instrument too? Well dang, truly born to be a bard.
And here I thought she's gonna be a tamer of some sorts since they introduced her to be able to imitate animal's voices.

@criver But Chinese =/= China
Just like how America =/= USA

Dex-chan lover
@mage_goo It's through what the character does, his values, and what he thinks, not just because he's Chinese.

@criver

The post I was replying to was concerned about "pro-China" sentiments, which I took to mean the political or patriotic context of China, especially since the song in question is a Chinese patriotic song. Thus, I meant "China" in that case as the political and governmental body, considering the current geopolitical climate. And both the politics and government of China are directly irrelevant to Roland's Chinese outlook. Hell, the novel makes it all too easy to forget that the MC was originally Chinese, let alone allude towards any real world political leanings.

Dex-chan lover
@LGear So you meant that there's no open propaganda in the story by "China doesn't factor in" - fair enough, there isn't any open propaganda. But by all means the different cultural values and way of thinking is plainly evident.

@criver Well, Roland was in the PLA for mandatory service, so some of that probably stuck. I just chalk that up as a what if a U.S. marine was in his place. Some PT songs are to be expected and imported

Dex-chan lover
@mage_goo Iirc, she had some difficulties training for it, but she's a walking band, so she's able to imitate all the sections herself.

Dex-chan lover
@criver it's more of an eastern cultural value rather than specifically chinistic (if that even a word) cultural value, no?

Dex-chan lover
Oil never change you need for weapons and economy try to find another cheap high energy concentration source. Except if you have miniature nuclear power like Gundam you can dream.

Dex-chan lover
yeah no, don't bring cars and plane into this world please

Users who are viewing this thread