Release That Witch

This is absolutely comical. Don't even bother with this trash. It's like a cartoony, watered-down version of the novel. The artist must not have read the novel, and is just trying to copy another generic isekai format.

when im reading the novel, my mind fantasized the art like Takarakuji de 40 . its describe the town from nothing and have serious situation. compare to this, mehh. really???

Fed-Kun's army
haha, I actually dropped the WN a while back for various reasons, and seeing the comments below I'll avoid this to maintain the image of Roland, Anna and co. that I've built up in my mind :x

Dex-chan lover
@Fluffums
Actually (don't read further if you didn't read chapter 1035 of the novel)
Nightingale and Anna came to an unknown agreement. Roland loves them both. He asked Anna if he can have relationship with Nightingale and she told him "not now". But after the wedding Anna told that she have fulfilled the agreement. So it's fine to hope for at least a nano-harem? Until this far it wasn't stated what this agreement was.

Lol character design is a total joke...
They completely destroyed the image of witches and royalty.
Roland should have gray hair
Anna hair is red

I guess they just wanted to attract younger audiences smh

so much for silver hair to show he is from the real family :facepalm

as in many novels, in a world where magic actually exist, mc from the very start negate the existence of any kind of god. Ppl do not question or has any sort of resistance to a new imposed culture. Its kinda of a utopia, where his underlings are happy with the new changes and has no conflit whatsoever. Naturally the most impressive feat is mc going of a shut-in, shy-around-ppl nerd-that-died-from-overwork-for-being-a-pussy to a charismatic every-girl-dream-prince. The person he goes into (the new body) was kinda of a useless (ofc) prince, kinda more like a pupet, but those around him start following him without any question.

btw, "Save the witches!" - someone forgot to put a "l" in there.
Author did a poor work here, hunted witches put their total trust in mc and follow him without any reasonable excuse, something like: "come home with me, I will give you candy". Ppl that got hunted for years just agreed with a not reputable noble offer and start to work to their deaths for him, with 100% loyalty

I may be a little pissed off since a lot of a*shole said this trash novel is like TRL.

the character building is a joke. the manga like throw some shit to the novels. every descriptions it too much different. But, well... I will just read it :x

Aggregator gang
I dropped the novel at some point. It started to become boring and I found annoying the fact Roland is the only one doing new stuff when the era-changing genius Anna is just a supporting cast and never create anything herself.
I think it sounded too much of the same ad repetita.

Honestly better go read the Safehold series by David Weber if you want a guy introducing modern stuff gradually to a middle age setting.

i got to the race war and gave up there ... so much shit and it was just annoying! the demons and the human war was ok but the other crap was meh

Dex-chan lover
I thought Anna was supposed to be 18, not 12.

@ShinGetsu Van'er makes something at one point but that is pretty much it.

WAIT WHATTT?! THIS FINALLY GOT A MANGA?!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Lemme check this out
Edit:
Well, I guess so far so good. Considering the chapters are fairly short as well as the fact that the source material doesnt transmute easily into manga, there is a good chance this will be moving fairly slowly story wise.
But Ill keep an eye on this for now

@ShinGetsu Same, read over a thousand chapters of it on webnovel but in the end couldn't force myself to keep following it. I think the biggest thing that irks me is Roland doesn't face enough setbacks - he's basically trying to forcefully skip hundreds of years of the industrialization process. His city should be a chaotic mess of people trying to adapt to new realities, instead every problem is either whisked away by technology or magic. At the very least the city should be polluted as all hell but its not even brought up as far as I remember, quite the opposite its repeatedly noted how 'cleaner' it is than everywhere else. I guess smog and river pollution is just so normal to China they don't feel like its anything out of the ordinary and thus not worthy of mentioning? It wasn't very noticeable at first but it quickly starts to seem like some sort of Chinese nationalist book, praising the PRC's government model to no end as a miracle cure-all while ignoring all the pain & suffering it caused over the decades.

It suffers terribly from character oversaturation, the amount of characters just thrown at the story and then forgotten for hundreds of chapter until they're suddenly needed for a brief spotlight to rapidly solve a problem is insane. On that note it also suffers from genre oversaturation -

MC eventually gets access to a whole other "dream" world just so it can become a cultivation story. If you think his engineering skills are broken before that, just wait, once he has that world he magically gets access to every book ever made and takes little to no time to understand them even though he was just a simple low-level design engineer in his previous life. Other examples of bullshit include:

Oh the limitations of central planning can lead to devastating famines? Not when you have a witch that magically increases crop output!
Oh central planning is prone to internal strife and dissidents can cause all sorts of problems from within? Not when you have a witch that can see through lies!
Oh the army faces a foe its not technologically equipped to deal with? Don't worry, we've got battle-witches for that!
Oh the battle-witches face a foe they're not strong enough to deal with and get their asses kicked? Don't worry, we've got a witch with heals for that!

For the most part, MC & Gang never suffer any true setbacks. Any setbacks they seem to suffer are just temporary. Any villain that gets hyped up will be defeated easier than you expected. You better hope the characters you like are very close to the MC otherwise you won't be seeing them for awhile. It suffers greatly from trying to balance the magical & the industrial aspects of the plot. The best parts of the story are early on before you fully understand the author's writing style... after you do, its boring/frustrating as all hell.

@ForcedFun burning wood for whatever usual rustic purposes produces far more soot than a couple of factories and steel mills

@sinisempi A couple of factories? More like dozens and dozens of various industrial factories and mills stacked next to each other in a fairly dense area. On top of that, IIRC the river they use flows into the rest of the kingdom, so they're delivering all that juicy runoff to the 'old world.'

Regardless, even if you don't think the pollution is a big deal/not worth mentioning, the rest of my points still stand. The author constantly baits you into thinking a situation is serious then solves it with his toolkit of deus ex machinas. You can even disregard my beef with the author's infatuation for authoritarian centralized top-down styles of government, it still doesn't make for a good story.

I'm only talking shit because I genuinely enjoyed this series at the start but the author just squanders the setting for the sake of self-inserting. The MC never experiences a true setback or a real consequence for his actions. Once you understand that the fun of reading just dies out; every problem will be solved either by MC pulling a technology out of his ass or a witch pulling magic out of their ass. It destroys the whole "demons vs humans"/World War/apocalypse theme it builds up because you know no one important is actually going to be affected in any meaningful way. If thats fine with you then don't mind me, enjoy your read. But if that sounds like a bothersome let down then I'm just warning folks not to waste their time.

Yeah, careful, plenty of spoilers down below, only at chapter 1134, but based on what I remember, it seems that the manga is only progressing at like half a webnovel chapter per manga chapter, this is going to take a while before it ramps up, unless they decide to skip a lot of the world building, witch would be a shame.

Fed-Kun's army
This is... not a good adaptation. One of the strengths of the WN was that it started with a semi-realistic, gritty medieval world.* Here, that's completely buried under the shallow art and hammed up, unnecessarily cut down dialogue. I mean really, he bops his knight commander on the head instead of verbally dressing him down for floof sake.

*Which unfortunately washes out of the story as everything gets Roland-ed.

Dex-chan lover
@ShinGetsu
>Anna works herself to the bone,
her working graphic is so loaded that she even attends the war zone while Roland was drinking Chaos Drinks in the castle.
>reeeee why Anna isn't creating a new stuff that will take her whole time
Logic.

Glad to see this on manuha form. Light novel is great. Looking forward to see what each character will look like

Users who are viewing this thread