Release That Witch

I honestly expected trash but surprised on how good this one is, progression is smooth though some parts feels like it should drag out a bit I do like the fastish tone that it has.

Probably just me, but I do not want a mass release for this one. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this story, but I want to sleep.

What the hell happened to chapters 1-30?! How could you release a comic without the first 30 bloody chapters?!

Pretty good story, as a manhua it actually outshines a lot of manhwas and overall the characters as well as the story are well developed.

Only problem I have with this is slightly small; currently the story is more of a "merry go round" type that although hits fulfillment levels rubs off as a bit unrealistic.

The story undermines the reality of many traits human beings have, and sometimes I find it a bit hard to watch a few girls who were formerly prosecuted have more power than all the citizens and eat sweets+learn all day while war is unfolding right outside of their nation.

Dex-chan lover
i just saw the raw and i saw 2 uploads, 176 and 185 and in 185
roland hand is severed and maggie can turn into dragon/wyvern
wtf happend at the rest 177 to 184 ?

@ ispcizero3rd,
Between chapters 177 and 184:

Roland and some witches (Anna, Wendy, Soraya, Silvie, Nightingale, Lightning, and Maggie), go to investigate some ancient mountains covered by a mysterious red mist, not far from Border Town, but before arriving they are attacked by demons mounted on flying demonic beasts. Roland protects Anna with his body and loses an arm. In the heat of battle Maggie evolves with the ability to become one of those flying demonic beasts. Nightingale between the anguish and anger eliminates the demons with the help of Maggie, and at the end of the fight she asks Lightning and Maggie to take Roland back to the castle at full speed so that Nana can heal him.

ah, the introduction of an advanced intellectual, the enemy of isekai.
Such tragedy ((ノ´∀`*)

Please would it be a bother to cut chapters into shorter images? Lots of mobiles and tablets can't handle the 4mo+ images and render them ultra blurry and small texts are unreadable.

Group Leader
The manhua is getting better and better! This is the BEST Manhua I've ever seen. The pacing is beautiful and the story is very interesting!! This is better than a lot of Isekai manga! This was the first thing I read on Mangadex and I will never forget it.

I read the raws of the later chapters. It is getting EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIC. I haven't used "epic" in a while but this is fitting.

Dex-chan lover
@Fwaifuxsenpai As someone who actually read the light novel I have to say, keep that feeling while it lasts. This thing will be good until the half of the light novel, and then begins to drop quality fast when a certain mechanic is introduced, then it will fluctuate between being good and boring depending on the part being shown. I have read the manga until after the end of the first winter, and I must say the author of the manga isn't changing anything, at best he is removing some boring parts and some new characters that matters very little:
For example the red-haired knight defending the priest when Ash kills everyone to give Roland more time, she is actually a character with a name and a few chapters following her, the miner that was the first patient of Nana actually a chapter telling how exactly did he get hurt
, there are a few others that were omitted. But what I mean is that I wouldn't expect my main complaints to change in the manga, and one of them is unforgivable, I will put in spoiler because it may bother some people to know it beforehand, but I will make it vague enough
Despite being surrounded by beautiful girls, this isn't a harem, and the best girl won't get together with Roland until near the end (I didn't actually see the end, but I read until 20 chapters before the end, and she had hints she would stay together with Roland as a mistress, but never actually did it until I read)
, this plus the mechanic that they included after the middle, broke the story for me. Of course, there is still hope if the mangaka decided to make some changes, but I doubt he will do it. 7/10 I would say.

It is baffling to me how people are pointing out not being a generic harem as a flaw, or not having their "best girl" be with the protaganist as a "flaw". I mean preferences are subjective, but focus of the story has never been on romance or harem shenanigans. This has always been a story focused on world building and crafting/making things, and basically starting an industrial revolution in a typical backwards medieval isekai while making use of the mysterious power of magic and witches. The concept of witches(and by corollary lots of beautiful girls) has been used somewhat creatively in a medieval fantasy).

tl'dr it was pretty obvious this is not a harem after 100-200 chapters. and romance was never the selling point here.

Users who are viewing this thread