Release That Witch

Translator-kun is actually fast with the releases but I'm just so thirsty with this series I ended up reading the webnovel. Reaching chapter ~750 right now, pls help me stop....

Some good ol' Technowank

Me likey

From someone that had read the webnovel till the end
elmo-nuke.jpg

I loved the LN. This is technically not a harem, more like a techno-wank but considering the power of the witches and the available resources, it is executed quite well, and the details are exquisite but not overwhelming. The narration is also good.

@Ant1989 At the final chapter,
Roland ended up as a kind of "god". At the end, he ended up with Anna and Nightingale. The kingdom is inherited by tilly and is somehow allied with the demons. And the tilly's partner is revived. Sorry if I got the names wrong, Its been almost a year I think

Dex-chan lover
@DegenerateScum Thanks for the spoiler, I stopped just before the end when they were heading to the last battle, I imagined that it would end more or less like what you said, but sincerely, I really hated the romance
I hated what they did with Nightingale, keeping her at the reserve bank until the end was bad
, and I hated that mechanic that took all the shine near the end
It simply broke the game, now anything is possible
, and
Zero battle was weak, I know the author wanted to make it tense, but on her battleground, Roland had all the advantage, I know, you need to know to make it work, but Roland doesn't know how all those weapons are operated in detail, precise sizes of barrels, sizes of bullets, things like that, if those things worked, Iron Man should work too, but what is worse about that battle is the ending, I didn't even understand exactly what he did. I know he removed friction, and made a bunch of autoguns, but I was unable to visualize what happened, besides, How does one remove friction? just imagine the atoms like the and voilá? we don't even know exactly how the atom is, all those models we have are just representations, if something like that was possible, Iron man should be too. But fine, assuming that you really have to know in detail something to bring it to the battle, there was a far easier way of using very basic knowledge to defeat Zero, forget bending the laws of physics, he can change the environment right? there is one place that every kid knows how to survive, but Zero doesn't. The Space. Zero had no knowledge of the Space, nor would she survive long enough to understand what Roland space suit in reality, since she doesn't know about air pressure. I can't believe the author didn't think that
. I loved many things in this story, I loved the technology, and it's implementation showing how hard is to develop even with a Dr. Stone level of knowledge, without the conditions set, it's simply impossible to have even primitive stuff. I just think they should have stopped around WWI technology,
and seriously, Glory of the Sun was too over the top, even considering all the witches shortcuts
I still think it's a good story, especially the beginning and middle, and if the mangaka decides to change at least the romance, I'd would give a high recommendation, but I'm not seeing that happen.

@ant1989 Damn son,
your space sugestion makes it so much better. I agree that the frictionless gimmich thing is a bit asb. When reading that fight, Why didn't zero just reshape the environment, use the angle created and just lunch at roland. I fully agree that the absolute maximum limit is ww1 era tech. Nukes are too much, but I do like their flying aircraft carrier idea.
And another pretty big spoiler
because roland is virtually a god right, he can access that other world. At the last chapter, a portal connecting that world to the real one is being opened.
Ahh and if you don't mind, can you tell me how to mention someone like you for the comments?

Dex-chan lover
@DegenerateScum I just type @ and paste the name of the person.

About that battle
I don't think Zero can change the environment, she faced many enemies that changed the environment, but she never once did that to counter them back, so even if he just removed friction she would be powerless (if you forget she can use the sigil, of course) even so, it was a cheat, because even if he knows what generates friction, it's not like he can change that, and again if he could, what prevents him from imagining the arc reactor making nuclear fusion to power the suit (at least that's why I think the Iron Man didn't work)?

Dex-chan lover
@DegenerateScum Unfortunately, no. I tried looking for the recommendations people gave on this site https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/release-that-witch but I didn't like the first (maybe you'll like), and the second, while I did like, it has almost nothing to do with city builder. Maybe you will like Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken but it never really focus on the city builder thing either.

Sincerely I think it's surprising the lack of similar stories. I mean there so many isekais in which a loser who wasn't able to adapt to our world end up in another world and somehow he can thrive there just fine (which makes me believe that they aren't good characters, it's just the power, take it from them, and they back to be losers), but there are so few isekais in which someone from our world actually uses knowledge from here to have an edge there that's pathetic, in most of them I keep asking, what difference does it make that this guy is from here? I guess it doesn't happen often because the research needed to make something good would be far too great. In fact, Dr. Stone and Release that Witch are the only ones the focus on science development that I know.

@Ant1989 What a shame. Well, back to alternatehistory I go, to quench that kind of story thirst that I have. For the slime story, at first, I hoped that it will go deep on nation building, but... yeah. I know some great nation building stories, but it's not as grand as this story. Hit me up if you want to know some of these. And if this conversation we had is too tiring to continue for you, it's a been a great pleasure man.

Dex-chan lover
@DegenerateScum I have stumbled on a series that looks like what you've been looking for. I didn't read it yet, so I can't be sure if it's good, but here it is https://mangadex.org/title/22303/isekai-kenkokuki

Also, there is this one, I remembered from my dropped list https://mangadex.org/title/22521/isekai-nonbiri-nouka But it's boring and extreme slice of life, so you may not like it.

@Ant1989 for the first one, I've read that, but dropped it. Everything goes a bit too perfectly for the protagonist. Even the villains are, in my opinion, just bring evil wothout any motive. I'll try the second one tho. Thank you very much my dude

Users who are viewing this thread