Remarried Empress - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz
I'd say it's because she's more beholden to her people than her piece-of-garbage husband - without strong leadership, people lose trust in their government & society. She's more worried about behaving as a proper Empress, than acting out on her personal feelings.

@BanditHadron
Social appearances will only go so far if the opposite party continues to act in a derogatory way. The Empress acting appropriately doesn’t change the fact everyone sees the Emperor doing so. She has already been insulted by the other foreigner [the dark-skinned one’ whose name I forget] for her husband open disrespect. People can clearly see the way he is acting and will determine what they can get away with by her lack of action. Its not just personal feeling because the social respect of rulers is tied to their political power. That why they are crowed rulers in the first place…because of the integrated social belief that their family bloodline is fit to rule and that they should have governing power by virtue of their birth and not their actions. The Empress isn’t a full on push over who does nothing against the Emperor’s action, but its just Spotlighting narratively to have her disagree with him and barely do nothing when she fully can.

This is monarchy-based government system. She has the power to dictate and change social norms its *her* kingdom*. Monarch’s introduced new social norms to suit their needs all their time
Ex.) King Henry of England changing the connection between Church and country, and religion
Empress Marie Teressa of Austria made it so girl an boy peasants could receive education.

The FL can change things, she can enforce those changing and deem them positive [regardless of it they are or not ;) ] and be a great leader.

Group Leader
Thank you for your hard work! 😘

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of hearing about Rashta! She acts like a kid, a tear or two pops out and everyone drink her words... among them the emperor, of course. He's the dumbest.
Does the Empress have any power? She seems very intelligent, yet she can't do anything about this leech? 😕

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz
So long as the Emperor doesn't undermine every single attempt of hers to do so, which he seems to have done so far, then yes. Because keep in mind, though this is a monarchy-based system as you said, the majority of the power seems to be based on the Emperor's throne, not the Empress's. She certainly has power and the will to use it, but that's tempered by both her personality not wanting to make a big deal over little things (which frankly has worked against her so far, as it's allowed Trashta to burrow in like a bloody worm and start to propagate) and the fact that the Emperor works against her on almost every single thing she attempts to do. Historical precedence of Imperial concubines doesn't help in this case, either.

I'm not saying she shouldn't attempt to do anything, I'm just saying she can't bulldoze over every obstacle the way you want her to.

@BanditHadron
I agree she can't bulldoze over Rasha but my original point is that she practically does nothing.
How come the Empress seems to have NO power, only responsibility.
She should be able to ban her from her own garden or at least area's where she is having business meetings ? JFC
which is what the whole debate on what she can and can't do started, so we are at square one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except for investigating why Rasha was in the middle of the Duchess fiasco she hasn't really done anything except verbal disagreements.
My expectation of her to simply take action in a small physical way isn't a bulldoze action ,imho. Putting Guards in her own garden [when their are political leaders present]
Is a fully reasonable and political justifiable reasoning. The Empress can just say its for their guest safety, and shame the Emperor for not protecting the guest properly if he complains.

Concubines only get real power after the successful birth of “male” children. So until she actually gives birth, and if it’s a boy she really doesn’t have powers. Also if the Empress or anyone else proves Trasha is a slave the child’s status even with noble blood will plummet significantly. I agree that it isn’t in the Empress personality to make a big deal of things, and she probably won’t be cruel to a child but the social system they live in would do a lot of the work for her. She can also just take the child away by adopting it and removing Rasha parental status. I believe Hatshepsut famously did to temper the other aristocrats who needed a male heir while she settled for being a regent before she took full power.

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz
True enough. Though I expect that she still has lingering feelings for the Emperor, which is what has made her not want to oppose him very strongly (as well as both of their public images, which is arguably a far bigger factor come to think of it), but is slowly being stripped away - look at her reaction every time he's prioritised Trashta over her. She's still clearly hurting from it, considering their past together.

I agree that she's been remarkably passive thus far - she'd be well within her rights to protect her special places, such as the garden where Trashta was sitting in the fucking Empress's chair. Though, I'd say the Emperor is likely to undermine any effort in that regard. Probably a lost cause at this point, what with the idiot's actions so far.

What she needs to do is work behind the scenes.

can trashta just stop acting like a 9yr old spoiled brat for once ?!? this dumb chihuahua

This is like two girls bumping into each other at prom while wearing the same dress.

Really, the empress mostly wears red dresses and they ask who copied who???

Mielle from the vilainess reverses the hourglass seems like an angel next to Rashta I can’t stand her at all

alright, I'm glad this translator picked it up. Thank you!!

lmao, these dumbasses don't follow the empress' fashion. Like, excuse me, she rocks red most of the time guys, y'all are stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread