Renai Daikou - Ch. 20 - Uncommit

Dex-chan lover
Here I am thinking that we will finally have more progress after last chapter. What a dumb me.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter and congrats on beating cancer!

Man, I still can't fully guess where this gonna go. I guess they'll ended up dating each other, but Mari's arc is still very incomplete and just getting "saved" by Seki after all of this will be meaningless.

Seems like that line from ch. 9 about "not so honest hero and a too honest heroine" is reversing pretty drastically. We've seen Seki being brutally honest for quite a while, but not Mari I don't think.

There's also no clear view on how the Fox and Tanuki stories gonna end.

Series' been pretty fun so far, somewhat more "love is war" then Kaguya, but at the same time you kinda pause and ask "are they really in love?"

The context for Mari is simple, according to Fox she just wants to be saved by prince charming. I'm a little more curious with Seki, since Tanuki mentioned that Seki's real intention is to help her. It's not shown as a flaw, but I'm wondering if it will be one.

Dex-chan lover
Aka is a serial fumbler; he fumbled the ending of Kaguya, he fumbled Oshi No Ko and he fumbled this premise. I'm seriously growing to dislike this manga, just keep reading it out of habit and sort of like watching a car crash.

Double-page supporter
Dear Author.... just keep going with this manga, dont give a shit to all bad comment about this manga , because i like it

Dex-chan lover
Choosing to reject him was the only good thing Mari has ever done in this manga. My boy Seki deserves someone much better than a two-faced wench.
Yeah man, remember that time she pretended to be an introvert in order to get in his pants?

Oh, wait, that was Seki.
Calling her a two-faced wench is a bit like the pot calling the cattle black.

Double-page supporter
Yeah man, remember that time she pretended to be an introvert in order to get in his pants?

Oh, wait, that was Seki.
Calling her a two-faced wench is a bit like the pot calling the cattle black.
True, but Seki's gotten/shown to be better while Mari just keeps trying to not do anything and instantly reject any connection that puts her out of her comfort zone, which I can understand, but she's not even trying to get better on that front. She's stuck and she wants to be stuck and that's infuriating writing when it goes unchallenged for multiple chapters.

Moving right along, it would be based if the thing Aka is building up to is "sometimes some people aren't meant for each other" and Seki moves on from the girl who has actively rejected him multiple times.

Maybe to the girl he and his bros randomly prettied up? /huffs hopium-copium mix

Dex-chan lover
Going to be honest. While I hate we are walking back on progress

Everyone here would fail the Sally-Ann Task judging how everyone acts when it comes to these two.

Dex-chan lover
Well, to be honest different from most comments here. At least she was considerate and didn't take the trash advice to keep him as a backup even if she have puppet syndrome.
She also was ready to reject him based on that, even if she was insecure of taking the wrong choice and even if she have difficult talking with people, she just didn't it based on a strategy that Seki used to delay her rejection, so yeah...

Dex-chan lover
now, about the FMC... I feel like she have the same Issue(?) than Kaguya had. I dislked Kaguya in the first eps but started to like her with the time.

I don't get it. What is missing? Is he trying to live up to Kaguya-sama? But if so, why does it feel like it's not right at all? He is doing a good job with Oshi no Ko but then this manga feels off :notlikethis:
It's a bit different. Basically, in Kaguya-sama, he tried to teach certain love/life lessons to the audience. And when he started actually having those pay off, the Japanese audience threw tantrums that showed they hadn't absorbed anything he was trying to teach them and he seemed to actually give up trying.

This manga is literally just him trying to drill shit into people's skulls that he knows they don't want to absorb.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it. What is missing? Is he trying to live up to Kaguya-sama? But if so, why does it feel like it's not right at all? He is doing a good job with Oshi no Ko but then this manga feels off :notlikethis:
I can’t help but think its a personal challenge of his in trying to make a rom com with characters as unlikable as possible.

Group Leader
i was hoping for something good since it's coming from aka, but this is turning into something i'm only reading because it's releasing now. i would have dropped this in a heartbeat if i had to catch up

Users who are viewing this thread