Renge to Naruto! - Ch. 12 - Yakisoba!

Dex-chan lover
I look forward to this manga each time a chapter comes out. It always makes me want to do my best seeing how Renge approaches life.
Same dude. It's weird. The art and story isn't that special for a SoL manga but seeing her positivity and smile feels so good. She's actually carrying the manga for real.

Supporter
I'm no expert in yakisoba, though I have made a recipe for years that I cobbled together from different sources online.

What is the problem from the beginning of the chapter? I don't get what was implied to be wrong with the yakisoba she originally made. And what is "Chinese yakisoba?"

Dex-chan lover
getting stove fire blaze out of pan like that are actually painful to my hand in my experience, how can she tank all the fire damage

Dex-chan lover
Guys, i think i missed the marriage chapter, i skipped to the married couple chapter

Dex-chan lover
I'm no expert in yakisoba, though I have made a recipe for years that I cobbled together from different sources online.

What is the problem from the beginning of the chapter? I don't get what was implied to be wrong with the yakisoba she originally made. And what is "Chinese yakisoba?"
The problem is that the yakisoba she makes is the same as the yakisoba from beach huts or festivals, or rather, Japanese style yakisoba. However, she runs a Chinese restaurant, so the yakisoba should logically instead be Chinese style. I'm also not an expert, but I assume that both China and Japan have conceptually similar food that has the same sort of noodle fried, but that the two take very different approaches to the rest of the meal, making them taste differently despite being fundamentally and conceptually the same at their core.

Supporter
The problem is that the yakisoba she makes is the same as the yakisoba from beach huts or festivals, or rather, Japanese style yakisoba. However, she runs a Chinese restaurant, so the yakisoba should logically instead be Chinese style. I'm also not an expert, but I assume that both China and Japan have conceptually similar food that has the same sort of noodle fried, but that the two take very different approaches to the rest of the meal, making them taste differently despite being fundamentally and conceptually the same at their core.
I gathered from the translated text about the "this is a Chinese restaurant!" thing, but I still didn't really understand that because, at least to my unknowing mind, the vast majority of what she's made so far in 11 prior chapters is Japanese rather than Chinese.

I mean, I'm sure there are a LOT of foods that crossover between the two cultures, but I guess I just don't understand what would be the Chinese style of so many foods that have been referred to so far with what I interpret as a Japanese name.

Dex-chan lover
I gathered from the translated text about the "this is a Chinese restaurant!" thing, but I still didn't really understand that because, at least to my unknowing mind, the vast majority of what she's made so far in 11 prior chapters is Japanese rather than Chinese.

I mean, I'm sure there are a LOT of foods that crossover between the two cultures, but I guess I just don't understand what would be the Chinese style of so many foods that have been referred to so far with what I interpret as a Japanese name.
Japanese and Chinese share a writing system, so its likely that the written word for the Chinese foods has a direct analogue or different reading in Japanese (due to the different pronunciations between the two languages), so the characters use the Japanese pronunciation, giving these foods that originate in China and have grown into Japanese culture a Japanese name rather than a Chinese one.

An interesting example of this phenomenon is ramen. Although not quite the same as what I said above, ramen was first introduced to Japan by the Chinese. The name comes from 拉麵, lamian, which is from what I can tell a very similar Chinese noodle dish. And then Korea has ramyun, which is another example of this same phenomenon. However, ramen and lamian are fundamentally different dishes despite sharing a name and being remarkably similar, as ramen noodles are cut while lamian noodles are pulled (which is what the name directly means). In this way, in Japan you could have both ramen and lamian, but they would share a pronunciation because they share characters, meaning you would need to differentiate based on the country of origin. With my very short research into an example, this happens in China, with ramen being called 日式拉麵, rishi lamian, or Japanese-style lamian.

Dex-chan lover
When I see her cooking with that much fire it makes me think she might not actually be tanned, she might just be a fried from the flames until the meat started browning.

Dex-chan lover
getting stove fire blaze out of pan like that are actually painful to my hand in my experience, how can she tank all the fire damage
Tieflings have fire resistance?

We must thoroughly examine her to find out where she's hiding her tail and horns.

Sometimes allowance is used when talking about remuneration outside the standard pay rate. Like a travel allowance to cover bus or train fare or gas. Or sometimes an allowance for living in a certain city if it is more expensive there.
This is correct, Living in Tokyo a lot of places will give you an allowence for transprtation. My job sets up a limit of ¥1500 round trip on the trains.

Dex-chan lover
At this point bro coulda quit his job help her run this restaurant

Users who are viewing this thread