Rent-A-Girlfriend - Vol. 35 Ch. 303 - Friends And The Girlfriend (3)

Dex-chan lover
kibe is an oasis in the rent a girlfriend desert of dry content. anyways, since no sane person should be reading rent a gf comments, i can freely admit that someone shit their pants at the STAYC concert yesterday. you know who you are.

Fed-Kun's army
While I agree with pretty much everything else said, I don't see why they'd be obliged to tell his ex where / with whom he's living. Especially with that personality of hers...

Because for some reason Kazuya decided to have that date with Mami in Chapter 263. When he is already under the same roof as Chizuru and Chizuru supposedly already investigating her feelings.

Mami was kind enough to not out Chizuru for her rental agency, which she totally could do at anytime, but it's not like the agency bullshit ever really mattered. Just look how the parents reacted to the reveal.

Therefore, Mami was clear on that meeting, believing Kazuya won't pull her leg again. But Kazuya is not telling her about the investigation part, neither the cohabitation part. On top of that, Chizuru is making the situation worse as she told Mami that no, they are not dating, so the kissing shouldn't be a big deal.

Chizuru threw back the ball to Mami's court at the end of Paradise. Shitty resolution, I know. Mami is the one who should investigate. Mami decides to do so, and the #1 threat assures her they are not dating, while Kazuya is not saying anything on the matter because he knows Mami wouldn't be pleased to hear his status after how the previous shitshow ended. But went to a date anyways, which totally could have made Chizuru doubt him again, just saying.

So more secrets, more lies to the side characters, rivals. They learned nothing from Paradise. Somehow Chizuru can't face the girls honestly and tell them that the initial rental relationship has evolved. Of course she can't, that way all the accusations she received through the manga will be proven true. Kazuya still waits for her indecisive ass, but to do so requires time stalling lies again, again and again. Just like the manga, these web of lies are neverending or it seems.

Dex-chan lover
Almost forgot about Ruka, poor girl, kicked to the curb this whole time while he simps for another girl. Does he even spare her a single thought?

Fed-Kun's army
Almost forgot about Ruka, poor girl, kicked to the curb this whole time while he simps for another girl. Does he even spare her a single thought?

She was last seen in ch. 256. So 47 chapters.
Sumi regularly appeared every 40-50 chapters, but before the Chizuru birthday arc her last appearance was 104 chapters ago.
And Mami had 89 chapters of hiatus before she reappered Pre-Paradise.

Always laugh when I see how the anime puts all the girls in the poster, key visual. Then the manga became like this. 9 volumes in a row currently (81 chapters) when either Chizuru or Yaemori is on the volume cover. And it's 2 pity Yaemori covers versus 7 Chizuru covers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hah, so now Kiba thinks that she doesn't love him. Which, she doesn't. I think she thinks he's important to her but I doubt she's actually attracted to him in anyway.
This is setting up for another 'misunderstanding' where he reports to Kazuya that Chizuru is thinking about probably "breaking up" with him and he'll take that as her having said something to that effect.

If Kazuya throws himself off a bridge as a result, this Manga might have a good ending!
If this was written by a sane person, you’d be right, however reiji wrote this. There is a 100% chance that it looks like she loves him. Look at the blushing.

We’re now moving into “everyone but them knows they love each other”

Dex-chan lover
:this:
Kibe is such a based character, gets an appearance every few months, tries to get Kaz back on a somewhat normal track / got his back and/or drops some deep lines
Or decking him for believing Mami and siding with the Gaslight machine known as his mother. He's just another asshole in a manga crawling with them.

Because for some reason Kazuya decided to have that date with Mami in Chapter 263. When he is already under the same roof as Chizuru and Chizuru supposedly already investigating her feelings.

Mami was kind enough to not out Chizuru for her rental agency, which she totally could do at anytime, but it's not like the agency bullshit ever really mattered. Just look how the parents reacted to the reveal.

Therefore, Mami was clear on that meeting, believing Kazuya won't pull her leg again. But Kazuya is not telling her about the investigation part, neither the cohabitation part. On top of that, Chizuru is making the situation worse as she told Mami that no, they are not dating, so the kissing shouldn't be a big deal.

Chizuru threw back the ball to Mami's court at the end of Paradise. Shitty resolution, I know. Mami is the one who should investigate. Mami decides to do so, and the #1 threat assures her they are not dating, while Kazuya is not saying anything on the matter because he knows Mami wouldn't be pleased to hear his status after how the previous shitshow ended. But went to a date anyways, which totally could have made Chizuru doubt him again, just saying.

So more secrets, more lies to the side characters, rivals. They learned nothing from Paradise. Somehow Chizuru can't face the girls honestly and tell them that the initial rental relationship has evolved. Of course she can't, that way all the accusations she received through the manga will be proven true. Kazuya still waits for her indecisive ass, but to do so requires time stalling lies again, again and again. Just like the manga, these web of lies are neverending or it seems.
Dude, that arc was almost ten years ago, how do you remember all that? Props!

Dex-chan lover
Always laugh when I see how the anime puts all the girls in the poster, key visual. Then the manga became like this.
The other girls were always secondary characters but their roles were pretty impactful. Leaving them in the background was ok when there was a strong Kazuya/Chizuru arc to be the focus, but there's been too much weak stuff the last couple of years. We're already 300 chapters in so it's a strange time to look for a character balance reset but I definitely enjoyed this chapter with less Kazuya! If there's going to be another 300 chapters, hopefully we get back to more of an ensemble until the final end-game.

Dex-chan lover
Technically they are still dating, since Ruka refused to break up with him when Kazuya proposed. Pre-Paradise arc.

After that Ruka is under the belief that Chizuru and Kazuya parted ways since he saw how Kazuya looked during and after the 3 months of ghosting. Kazuya of course never told her that's not the case, neither where he resides now. He literally texted Chizuru behind her back in his workplace.

And then you have Chizuru who is so considerate of Ruka's feelings (she said it herself) that she investigates her own secretely by initiating meetings with Kazuya, then taking the guy in for 1 month. Not even once she wondered that gee, what's Ruka's opinion on the matter. Of course, Mami doesn't know the situation either.

I understand your point though. From ch. 100 onwards, it's just endless Chizuru wank. Even the so-called titular rental girlfriend is not seen with other clients, neither shown, or mentioned. Not even during this cohabitation. But the idiot readers should believe it's still a thing, just like Kazuya going on dates with Ruka. And man, Ruka always wanted progress. If there were dates, there is no way she would be content without physical or emotional progress. So yeah, this is just pure bullshit.

But the readers must be really happy knowing how this arc slowly approaching 50 chapters only took about 16 days so far in-universe.

What is this "refused to break up" bullshit. This isn't like a contested divorce. This is literally "I'm breaking up with you. We're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend." Agreement is not required.

Users who are viewing this thread