Rent-A-Girlfriend - Vol. 35 Ch. 303 - Friends And The Girlfriend (3)

Supporter
Wait till Reiji gets back to his regular writing
You got me imagining a situation where Reiji comes back from a vacation to find the comic's popularity is soaring. Critics are lavish in their praise of the writing. Reiji doesn't like this, so he finds the guy who subbed in for him and fires him. The next comic reveals it was all a dream, and Simpzuya spends the entire chapter crying about how he saw Kibe walking with Chizuru (then he fantasizes about them having wild sex and faps to it).

What is this "refused to break up" bullshit. This isn't like a contested divorce. This is literally "I'm breaking up with you. We're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend." Agreement is not required.
For anyone else, I would 100% agree with you. But this is Simpzuya we're talking about. He probably apologized for even thinking it off-panel, then congratulated himself for being such a nice guy who wouldn't hurt her feelings.

That said, I can't resist posting this very-relevant clip from Wayne's World. :sneaky:

Fed-Kun's army
wait, we STILL have to deal with all the ruka BS? i was sure that miyajima had forgotten about her or something, which i was glad for.
Dont tell me we have to go through 5+ chapters of ruka finding he lives with mizuhara and throwing a tantrum like a kid. AGAIN.
YEAH
Like, when will be fucking break up with her? It's pretty obvious it will go nowhere

Dex-chan lover
Bringing Ruka back into the fold to extend the series by another 200 chapter, truly a genius! Sasuga
Miyajima Reiji!

Dex-chan lover
This dumpster fire hasnt been visited by Axe-kun? Already 300 chapter but still no progrexs with retard MC?

Fed-Kun's army
The other girls were always secondary characters but their roles were pretty impactful. Leaving them in the background was ok when there was a strong Kazuya/Chizuru arc to be the focus, but there's been too much weak stuff the last couple of years. We're already 300 chapters in so it's a strange time to look for a character balance reset but I definitely enjoyed this chapter with less Kazuya! If there's going to be another 300 chapters, hopefully we get back to more of an ensemble until the final end-game.

There are no strong Kazuya and Chizuru arcs at all. Not even the overrated movie arc is good.
300+ chapters in, and you have Chizuru musing to Sumi about what even is love or how despite her stupid words, she didn't give it her all in the matter. She barely knows anything about Kazuya, and when she learns something, it's not her that initiates, but Reiji asspulls a situation for them like the recent kindergarten stuff. So their great love story is relegated to the wankers gaslighting them, well, mostly Chizuru is that she totally should date Kazuya because he loves him so much even though he is a loser.

Side characters, rivals pseudo-died for this. In reality Reiji just loves his waifu so much he can't handle putting Chizuru on a short hiatus ever, which would skyrocket the quality of the work.

What is this "refused to break up" bullshit. This isn't like a contested divorce. This is literally "I'm breaking up with you. We're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend." Agreement is not required.

The neverending situation. Ruka won't budge because Kazuya wants a rental girlfriend, and he is just Chizuru's client. Neither Kazuya, nor Chizuru can refute the argument 300+ chapters in. Add in the fact Ruka's involvent in their situation is mostly Chizuru's fault, but Kazuya also promised he would do anything if Ruka preserves how Kazuya and Chizuru are in a fake relationship. Plus the obligatory... Kazuya is spineless, who can't even break up properly.

Well you have to remember that Ruka is a 17yo high school student obsessed with a 22yo. Kazuya is hardly mature for his age but the maturity gap between 17 and 22 is massive in Japan and it's no wonder he's not interested in a child. She stalks him, spies on him, gaslights him, and blackmailed him. I think he's still afraid Ruka will tell his family that him and Chizuru still fake dating because he's also "dating" Ruka. She flat out told him that she knew he didn't like her and that he was in love with Chizuru but didn't care because she's determined to make him fall in love with her. She's gonna have a 20 chapter meltdown when she finds out he's been living with Chizuru this whole time.

Double-page supporter
Today I was planning to cook some Beef Burgundy. I hope it turns out great. Unlike this manga...

Dex-chan lover
long incomprehensible stream of profanity
How shocking... A discontinuous interrupting and delaying plot device. monotone. I guess I should be impressed how much effort goes in to setting all of the delays up so they're barely reasonable. But, somehow, I'm just pained.

Next time on "How to Squeeze Every Yen Out of a Manga"...

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
I read this and was surprised at my genuine joy at reading this chapter. Is it because I'm in a good mood today? Perhaps the platonic mixed sex friendship aspect was refreshing in this tire fire of a manga? Or maybe a Chizuru focused chapter is what makes this great.

Its because there was no internal Kazuya, doing his standard bullshit thing, where we as viewers are in the mental cuck chair to his own self mental cuck chair. This spiraling, agonizing, cringe inducing mental dialogue. Every single terrible or just plain bad aspect we bear witness to within this man's head. Basically the second we hop outside of the main character's head, we're instantly placed into a much better place.

So now, instead of Kazuya inner monologues, we get... Chizuru inner monologues?

Supporter
I read this and was surprised at my genuine joy at reading this chapter. Is it because I'm in a good mood today? Perhaps the platonic mixed sex friendship aspect was refreshing in this tire fire of a manga? Or maybe a Chizuru focused chapter is what makes this great.

Its because there was no internal Kazuya, doing his standard bullshit thing, where we as viewers are in the mental cuck chair to his own self mental cuck chair. This spiraling, agonizing, cringe inducing mental dialogue. Every single terrible or just plain bad aspect we bear witness to within this man's head. Basically the second we hop outside of the main character's head, we're instantly placed into a much better place.
Having a chapter without Simpzuya's internal cringe is like going from eating a cake frosted with "chocolate" (and the only flavoring is a hint of artificial lemon), to eating the same cake without :poop: frosting.

It's not all that, but the unexpected absence of :poop: makes it seem delicious by comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread