Rent-A-Girlfriend

@Yuoandi
There's having flaws and there's not having virtues, and Kazuya is the latter. I'd argue having no dreams, no objectives, being unable to see himself without a girlfriend and having a very loose wallet are huge red flags for any woman seeking a serious romantic partner.

If by any chance Chizuru ditches him and starts dating another guy, you can bet that he'll throw the mother of all tantrums. Kazuya has zero positive moments that don't involve Chizuru somehow.

I am getting tired of this weak and annoying mc who couldn't stabilise his emotions after 106 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Yuoandi

I’m Asian and even by our “standards” this MC is pathetic, the only reason this series got this far is because of the art.

but

jMtwJhh.jpg

Quite surprise to see it has such a low average rating. I think the story is interesting as it explore a somewhat recent and very niche phenomenon which is "rental girlfriend". The art is very good and there are good moments in this manga. MC is not that bad tbh, at least he's committed to the main fc.

Double-page supporter
I really want to stick with this series but its so difficult when half of every chapter is “OMG PRETTY GIRL”.

Double-page supporter
@Daphine
Quite surprise to see it has such a low average rating. I think the story is interesting as it explore a somewhat recent and very niche phenomenon which is "rental girlfriend". The art is very good and there are good moments in this manga. MC is not that bad tbh, at least he's committed to the main fc.
Really?! I dont see how this is better than any other romcom harem series except the writing is probs worse and the art is better than average.

This last few chapters are exactly what I want, more character and relationship development after so many chapters. It's very annoying when the mangaka just extend the manga with a lot of unnecessary fillers

Dex-chan lover
Its an Okay story, The vitriol isn't really deserved, like i've never seen people so fanatic about hating a character before.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ghostdevil: A lot of commentors are bandwagon jumpers. They have pre-conceived notions about it from people who read it already (usually those obsessed about a guy being alpha or beta or some other middle-school tripe) and when they do read it, that's all they see too. Who are thinking for themselves and who are pre-conceived is impossible to tell, but that's why I think it's best that readers judge for themselves for at least three chapters.

I find that 3 chapters is enough for any manga (genre, themes, etc.) to determine if a reader will enjoy it or not. If they go past it and decide to drop...hey, at least they tried. If it's sooner, well, personally I think they let their impatience do the talking. For example I read another popular manga, Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro. First two chapters were messed up. I had a terrible school life and seeing this bitch made me relive those days. I powered through and gave the third chapter a shot and it got me to change my mind. That being said, I felt the reverse for Ueno-san wa Bukiyou. It's cute in it's own way and the first couple chapters were cute, but after three chapters I just couldn't stomach the characters anymore.

Probably a longer response than you wanted, but it's an idea I've been trying to offer people: "Decide for yourself, not from other readers, and go for at least three chapters and see what you think." You see a lot of commentors also claiming not to read a manga for the same vitriol against a character, but I don't believe it's anyone's decision to tell others what to read and what not to read.

As bad of a trope as it would be, the movie is the last hurdle in their growing relationship. In my opinion Mizuhara hasn't taken the final step because of two big reasons. First was she had herself convinced that Kazuya would be happiest if he got back together with his ex, and second she's fully focused on her dream. Kazuya found his dream and I can respect it. His dream is a happy Mizuhara and that is what being in a good relationship is about. You don't marry for yourself, you marry for your partner.

It took months but I finally caught up only to be met with another "stunning" twist as Ruka is just randomly at Kazuya's house at the worst possible time, as she has done like 3 or 4 times now and will undoubtedly continue to do for another hundred chapters as we drag ourselves to the conclusion where Chorizo's job is done and she admits she likes the idiot.

The entire premise of the manga is based on Yakuza and Chizuru being garbage people that make each other less garbage.

@mailguman She's had zero personal development. Unless you count her having feelings for the MC has development, but she's still the same person. Driven and selfish.
She's actually pretty realistic as a character, but also really hard to cheer for because she's sort of a piece of shit.

Everyone is annoying. MC is garbage. There’s some lame ass barely anything type of development. Girls are pretty garbage. Even the nice one that doesn’t talk. Her mannerisms are super cringey. So are Ruka’s. People who are normal don’t force themselves on others. I have definitely lost interest in this. 🤷‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread