Rent-A-Girlfriend

😁
@firefox1234

You know nothing Polyphemus . Your love is tainted, tragic and impossible. Only monsters like monsters, and women aren’t always monsters.

And yes, I would like to believe this is a great work of art. I didn’t said “I DO believe it is” because it isn’t finished yet, but I have high hopes of Reiji Miyajima. These characters aren’t Shakespearean monsters, BUT you mentioned Mark Twain, right? You know... Mark Twain have a series of books concerning Adam and Eve, including other short stories, there is “Eve’s diary”, dedicated posthumously to his wife Olivia. It’s a tender and comic story about the Genesis, how Adam meet Eve “the new creature with long hair”. The humorous story narrates the hardships of life, who is strong and who is weak, how the beginning of this weird relationship is incredibly annoying just for discover at the end that they are in love, how it is better to live outside the garden with the other than inside without them. At the end of Eve’s diary, Adam said these words that Twain wrote in Olivia’s tomb: “ Wheresoever EVE was, THERE was Eden.” And every single time I saw the slow love story of kazuya kinoshita and Chizuru ichinose, I always think of Twain’s Adam and Eve, because these characters doesn’t have bombastic backgrounds like other manga characters, they are just two simple persons living the hardships of daily life, with insecurities, traumas, ignorance and flaws, they don’t have the stupid passionate story that you would find in other romcoms or in Stendhal love stories, or in the love essay by Denis de Rougemont “L’amour et l’occident”.

And even more, I would like to see some revenge of the Dostoyevskyan characters of “The idiot” in Kazuya, Chizuru and Mami portraying improved versions of prince Myshkin, Aglaya Ivanovna and Nastasya Filippovna. Because every single time I saw Kazuya with his baseless stupidity I saw prince Myshkin with that superficial impression of psychological deficiency when he is actually the most intelligent and emphatic character in the story.

So, yes, I love to see characters from classic literature talking, moving and living a romantic comedy in the manga format. I must confess I love it.

And also YES! These complex characters aren’t suited for everyone. Feel free, Polyphemus, to root for Sasuke-kun, berserk Guts, king Leonidas from 300 or the alien predator badass, I don’t care. Galatea never cared about you, why should I?

Contributor
I'm impressed that this manga get an anime adaption, is a bit clichè and nothing special, but it will probably have the classic 12 episodes to push further the manga sales and a bit of merchandise, i dont see it as a work that can have more seasons.

The MC is still pissing me off but since I'm this deep I'm obliged to finish it

To those who can relate to the MC :

Please, get yourself some help

I understand he's nervous as fuck, but I wish he would just relax at least a LITTLE

Another quirky romcom based on a random ass lie at the beginning.

Edit: The first sentence was my opinion on this after reading the first chapter.
Now, after reading 135 chapters, my opinion did a complete 180.
This is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread