Rent-A-Girlfriend

So I spent the past three days reading this from ch 1 until 148, and for real, I feel bad for Sarashina.
She needs to move on, or the dude needs to cut ties with her.
Of course I understand why she's there (and the author is doing a not-so-good job trying to hide her purpose as a character
Tachibana Marika flashbacks, anyone?
) but every single time she shows up I can't help but feel bad for her. Unrealistic as everything here is... it is impossible not to go "treat her well, or let her go".

Spent 3 days reading this and
already feel so bad for the main girl grandmother

Dex-chan lover
I dropped this at chapter 31 years ago, but always felt like it was a bit of a waste with the amazing art. Checked this comment section to see if anyone said anything about the protagonist's personality developing in later chapters... Looks like it doesn't.

ok cool she got yeeted.. So, can we please finally move the story along and improvethe characters!?
I'm literally on the edge of kms reading this

Oh look, finally something bad happened to the MC...
It's Chizuru's grandma...
Why did I even bother to think the mangaka would dare to test his favorite character. What's even worse, the grandma's death will be nothing but another excuse for him to bond with her, now that she's feeling in the dumps.

Aggregator gang
Having the same cliff-hanger through a whole chapter goes against the Geneva Conventions.

Fed-Kun's army
@burmn123 pretty sure she thinks of him as a friend at least
but even if she didnt for whatever reason, such is the way of the simp

Lack of character development Shekel
I mean, you should probably still read it, as I still enjoy it quite a bit, you might too.

Aggregator gang
Looks like a lot of people are rage-rating this 1 or 2.
It seriously doesn't look that awful. I wish MD had protections for rating bombing.

It's actually kind of amazing the series ran this far. The mangaka could have just made the MC some Gary Stu with some kind of bullshit charm, but no he actually went and created the ultimate simp MC. The series lies somewhere in between being a reflection of the mangaka himself and pandering to his audience. The art isn't bad, but everything else is a dumpster fire.

Users who are viewing this thread