Rent-A-Girlfriend

Fed-Kun's army
The rating of this series does not reflects the huge popularity of it :) !!!

Group Leader
look, the only real problem with this series, it's not being generic, or having a MC that a lot of people have a need to self-insert into him. The real problem is his pseudo-development, that the same author ruins every time he can.

As you can see in this new chapters he really talks like a man. Like "I'll will support you, I know my life was far easier than yours. I know what I'm going to do with my life, it's far too simple, but you, you are not just only taking care of the last member of your family, but you have a real big goal in mind, that even if you think you're falling, I know you will do it, and I'll be there to be your support"

who wouldn't want to be the support of the girl you love?
That's a real man.
BUT SADLY ENOUGH the author destroys everything and resets the MC to being a f*cking idiot again.

So, don't think this series is bad, or the MC is the one to blame, because the author (or editor) are the ones who are keeping the MC being a completely fool.

you see , it took a lot of patience to read this manga , MC's self-esteem is shattered , then rebuild again slowly , then author shattered it again , rebuild again , and so on . the author was too abusive of MC .

this series is good but not for everybody , the art is decent , the conflict are relatable , and the solution to that mind can somewhat digest , but i have one problem , that is the way author generate conflict . each time author decide to needlessly shatter his self-esteem , he rebuild it better than before , so it's taxing to mind to figure what's happening , until you see the slight amount of maturing personality each time the cycle going . this dude (MC) desperately desperately needs a hug .

i kinda re-read this like 9 to 12 times , since i simply cannot comprehend why author decide to beating his own MC to pulp until nothing is left and restore him back just to beat the shyt out of him again just to generate conflict . it kinda flows well but too overused , while i love to torture i kinda began to pity MC .

btw this series is popular there in jap so expect author to do that again . stay away if you are don't have mental fortitude to read this manga .

He's just a pussy and that's it. He just need to get rid of his virginity to stop thinking with his dick.

A loser MC has two incredible cute girls next to him, but he prefers the most complicated one. Classic.

@Yamibi normally i should've been pissed off , but since we old timers have gone numb to this kind of plot long time ago ... so not really . Simply if you have gone past that point and still have plenty of patience then please continue to read , if not then drop it .

Fed-Kun's army
@zetsubouzanto
Yep over 20 years with manga and anime makes people numb to many plots and stupid tropes. I keep catching myself thinking of that every time I read some dramatic episodes. That feel when I just skip on much of the fanservice or even stop noticing it, but if my wife or someone of the family seen those would be a bit .... Hey but even after all this years good innocent romantic story still moves my heart xD
(this manga is definetly not that but I do enjoy it).

Legit couldn't keep reading past 3 chapters. MC is a pathetic loser, Main girl is a snobby idiot, and the plot just seems contrived. Hard pass

Group Leader
@Yamibi
What really annoys me it's that even if the MC wants to change and be brave, "for the sake of the plot" and keep with the weekly manga, the author has the need to reset him and making him f*cking stupid again.

And well, the first girl doesn't help either, acting "indifferent" towards him. The cute kouhai acting as his real girlfriend is even better than her.

I really like it, it's not perfect but it's fun enough to keep me reading. I like how "dumb and pathetic" (as other say) the main character is, it reminds me how much I've grown.

tbh i don't see what's so unlikeable about the mc or his development! for the first half of this manga, development was really refreshingly frustrated lol! in most harem setups like this girls just fall for the mc after like 3 interactions and then default to following them around the rest of the manga w/ 0 personality. makes you forget why you liked that side character in the first place. but for a long time, the only 2 girls for the mc were mizuhara and his ex, both of which had like 0 interest in him. i like that, much more realistic than harem setup lol.

considering how lame he was at the beginning of this manga, mc is a good guy now who has come a long way! plus mizuhara is bae 4 real

Dex-chan lover
@doydle the mc isn’t a great guy. He acts just like a horny preteen despite being in college. He checks out or stares down every girl that walks pass him and the only reason he’s popular is because he’s the mc. He also makes the dumbest and most cringey faces I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t even say or do anything that would make readers think “that was pretty good” or “not bad”.

In otherwords, he’s basically just a cringey preteen and no one likes those.

Users who are viewing this thread