Rent-A-Girlfriend

this guy is supposed to be a university student? he is blushing at every damn chapter for no apparent reason, crying because the girl he likes doesnt give him the appreciation he wants for the miniscule amount of things he'd done and acting immature at every single one the decisions he made or gonna make...Meanwhile most university students are struggling and crying because its either the courses is so hard for them, the need to juggle between personal life/school life/side jobs, problematic because of college loans, some are so poor to even think about this kinda stuff and is stressed about their monotonous side jobs+school every single day... And then we got this guy..

I dunno what the author smoked or what kind of life he led until now to be able to make a character like this... University students (18 y.o +) arent supposed to act like this... The manga is somewhat good if we focus on everyone EXCEPT the MC....Im reluctant to drop this but i just cant bear with it with the way this MAN CHILD is doing

Aggregator gang
148 episodes and still the same sh*t. We have to lie for grandma/friend/bla bla bla. How this gets a anime? Seriously? Whatever dropped bye.

Double-page supporter
HOLY SHIT HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING NO FUCKING WAYYYY.

Man, the second season of the anime is going to fucking suck, poor anime watchers they won't know what's coming

Supporter
@blueraine21 Japanese depiction of society is anyone who isn't a working adult is an adolescent at best if they're either a. not corrupted by some sort of illegal shit or b. not in the yakuza.
You can tell they really prefer this kind of society when you still see the 'indirect kiss' as being forbidden in much of their slice of life romantic series and the 'first kiss' as something 'unforgettable'. The college period in particular is just a transition zone between adolescent to adulthood, as they still don't have the requisite 'job' that turns them into an adult but college is supposed to prepare you for that job. There's a good amount of other examples of this, to a point where as long as the art is to any degree of 'soft' that's what will happen, and only if you get an art style like hokuto no ken or baki, with everyone with a serious and semi-realistic features are these embarassment points ignored. If you really hate it then your only option is to either wait for a paradigm shift, change over to another isekai story with a emotionless/overpowered MC, or start reading comics outside of Japanese ones.

Fed-Kun's army
The most impressive thing about this manga are the takobon covers. They really are a thing of beauty.

@Anime_thebest, the idea is good but..... the execution isn’t all that great.

Also, I..... hate the mc being overly flustered over Every. Little. Thing. Ok, maybe I don’t hate it, but I’m very annoyed/displeased by it, although I also do think it makes this manga better.

Read 37 chapters and skipped to the end to see if something changed and it doesn’t look it did so it’s just a big waste of time
MC is a S I M P

Still high expectation for the MC to improve from being a SImp, geez this would all just be a waste

Double-page supporter
Seems like MC never touched nor talked to a woman other than his grandma in his entire life. fucken SIMP

147 chapter and 4 woman still mc face when woman around still same in episode 1 . Just make some progression already

@XNovalX There is a world difference in what's popular in Japan and the rest of the world.
The japanese draws beautifully but barely anyone can come up with even a half decent story and script.
Again for the feeble-minded, there are still a lot of good japanese authors and novel (short story writers).
The jap studios and publishers mostly publish fanservice content or using shock therapy animes (excessive blood,violance,high drama)
cause they know most of the crap they produce won't make them money in the west.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester I meant what I said as a figure of speech, however, everything you said is on point. I very much appreciate your view, because frankly, the state that anime is plummeting.

@XNovalX I appreciate every manga drawn by the japanese or asians in general.
I just have low tolerance to media bullshit (awards,popularity,rankings, twisting facts).
If you think about it, there are incredibly good mangas out there that never got that well-earned exposure like Rental Girlfriend got. Not like it deserves it...
If I remember right when I saw this youtuber guy making a video about how manga is made and he chose Miyajima Reiji author of this manga, I had a feeling this will get an anime sooner or later.
And It was and still is a mediocre category. Not bad, but not good either.

Warning and BE ADVISE: this manga contains a SIMP MC that don't have a f*ing balls to think other than his pp or can't even get over his break up with his ex thot... lol just saving you trouble

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread