Resignation Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Holo

Effective immediately, I am resigning my post as a MangaDex staff member.

I am extremely angry as I type this post. Maybe it's not a good idea to do this while I'm upset but perhaps I need to.

I am resigning due to interpersonal conflicts with another member of staff.

I shouldn't have to worry about getting angry every time this staff member opens their mouth and types something disparaging whenever they disagree with an action I take or suggestion I make. They could have talked to me like an adult via DM or designated staff chat but they have not. For whatever reason, they feel it's more productive to cut me down in public via subtle mockery that undermines the authority of a staff member. Today was the last straw. I admittedly lost my temper while calling out this staff member and I regret that I did not handle the confrontation better. However, I've decided that I'm no longer going to swallow my anger and ignore this person. No one should have to volunteer their time in a hostile environment.

I had dreams of being part of a mod team that aided one another, supported one another, and crafted policy that would be beneficial to the site and users alike. However, I've come to realize over the last 5 months that certain members of staff have no interest in making the MD community inclusive and a fun place for everyone. There is no organized decision making and half the time we're too busy arguing about something instead of being productive. I no longer have any desire to be a part of this mod team.

I would like to thank the small but growing community of MD forum users who have participated in contests and in some cases, sent me PMs expressing thanks and encouragement. They made me smile and I was glad to be a part of helping the community grow.

I hope to see MD grow in the future and wish everyone the best of luck.

All the best,

-Zeph

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I won't be deleting the post above to keep it for posterity, but I'll make a short explanation.

I regretted quitting and decided to ask Holo to let me come *strictly* in a capacity as a forum moderator. He was gracious enough to allow it.

The contests will continue, have no fear. You can also continue sending me messages regarding messages, posts, or comments that you believe violates a forum rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread