Retired Heroes - Ch. 21 - Justice From The Heavens

@Nimroth
Great Teaspoon Descend! 17/11 - Worldbuilding 10/10 with a happy smiley denoting supreme academic excellence.

The angels seem pretty cool tbh dunno why people bitchin about them and thinking that they are evil. Acting like the shitty villagers with Saliy just because they have wings

Double-page supporter
Angels! ?

Well, this'll be interesting. The standard trope when you already have 'decent demons and humans understanding' is;
"Angels are 'good', but in such a stubborn way that their version of good means murdering all that they _presume_ to be evil." (e.g. 'all demons' and 'humans that aid demons').

Basically the same as that order of holy knights, which just kill all demons on sight. At the point where you're just causing massacres, you might as well be evil. Let's see if these angels fall outside of the trope and actually think about things.

@Someguy Taiwanese manhua is more influenced by Japanese manga, in fact a lot of hentai you see is actually made by Taiwanese mangaka. By the way, Lin-Jie is a lady, I've met her at Comic World Taiwan twice where I got my copy of Retired Heroes signed.

Angels are not shitty in general, but they're often seen as the maintainer of order and usually despicted as uncomprimising and xenophobic/racist towards demons. Imo expect our heroes to get in trouble as they probably cant fathom the heroes living peacefully in the village. I wonder just how the Heaven and King dynamic works here with the retired king/prince (chris).

This is such a great series!

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who really likes Saliy's and Shok's relationship? Like yea there are husbands and wives in this and they're cute and all but I'm truly a sucker for siblings =w= And they are fine siblings and I just love their dynamics~~ <3 Chris should be jealous xD I'm jealous too~

Dex-chan lover
Since reading Helck, sudden appearances of "angels" always gives me chills, in the worst possible way.

Users who are viewing this thread