Retired Heroes

Dex-chan lover
oh shit I detected drama..
So the mother's younger bro partner got killed or something? hell....

I am going to pretend that chapter 39 doesn't exist, and the series ended on 38. Everything was fine until my heart got broken by the last few pages of 39.

Some people might dislike that the series ends (hiatus) with a set up for a second season, instead of something more final. But, if you're in the right mindset, a little tease is not a bad thing 😘

Dex-chan lover
Based from the comments just turn this into cancelled cause it pretty much is cancelled

wtf was chapter 39? Time skip, new characters, missing old characters, plotholes.

Dex-chan lover
Wait seriously? It's basically done now because of some publisher issues?

Goddamnit, we had a really good series going here, and now it'll most likely never get a proper ending.

Here's hoping for a publisher change in the future, hopefully we will see the continuation at some point. Great work by the author and translators nonetheless, thank you guys!

I'm a little confused. For one thing, I had no clue Tifa was 19, she always seemed younger. But I don't remember her having a younger brother, I have no clue who that noblewoman about to get married is, and I can only faintly remember hearing about Saliy's brother. Looking through the comments, it looks like it's ending here due to publisher issues or something, which really sucks, but a season two would be awesome. Also, I have literally no clue who's on the volume 5 cover.

Edit: Mangaupdates lists it as not completely scanlated, and also still ongoing. Can anyone explain to me what exactly's going on?

@jhart3313 The publisher went bankrupt/shutdown and the author is trying to wrap things up while moving things forward as a pilot to hopefully continue at another publishing house.

Aggregator gang
This is one of the best "after the demon king has been defeated" stories I've found. I just came across it today... and it's over. orz
Here's to hoping for a second season.

jhart 3313 There was a time skip, about seven years. The guy serving the angels joined just around the time the monsters attacked the village, and had served sevem years by the most recent chapter. The brother, Shay, was born in that time and the noblewoman is the girl that competed with Tifa. Also, I'm guessing The kid with Shok is Shok and Tanya's son, and Tanya died, considering Shok's change.

What is this? This is more than a typical time skip

-Since when did Tifa know that her mother was a demon? Was she aware that her father was actually the hero?

-She has a younger brother now?

-The whole situation with the mother’s brother.

None of these seem like time skip stuff. More like, 3 volumes worth of story was skipped over.

Dex-chan lover
@PhantomNull00
Tifa always knew her mom was a demon, since before the very first time we (the readers) learned about it

1) I don't think she knows Chris was the king yet.
2) Saliy is hot, are you surprised they continued having sex?
3) Looks like Tanya's dead, so Shok's ready to murder pretty much everyone.

iirc, up until now was supposed to basically be the prologue for the real story.

bah sad ending to a very beautiful story is in sight ...
angels will find the happy family while investigating the brother and the little one will break over seeing his family hurt ensuring a new dawn on the conflict between human and demon...
how many of the family die will directly affect the ending and whether or not demons and humans may actualy coexist

also why is it that in every good story the angels seems actualy more like the real demons with their whole genocide crap?

@Roadrunner9000

It's because Japan and asian countries in general have a very love hate realtionship with Christianity. It used to be repressed brutally. While the suppression is gone or extremely reduced the marks it had on the culture is still very much alive.

Users who are viewing this thread