Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Aggregator gang
@kronix Him making the body before doesn't make it not a child's. That said, you're a weasel. I'm done chasing your arguments as you make up excuse after excuse for everything. Don't tell me you aren't dodging when you have YET AGAIN not quoted me like I asked. It's a very simple task, and the fact that you haven't done it very easily demonstrates why it's a waste of my time to argue with you. Don't expect me to read your next reply, I already wasted my time skimming this one.

@shahzehan It's not bold or all-knowing to say what I said when you're criticizing every single manga in the genre but one with a lack of sex. There is obviously a personal flaw involved, and the one I gave seems to be the most fitting. I know the protagonist's lack of interest was in the past, and I said as much. The point is that him having sex is a change of character that wasn't called for. It was introduced to appease readers like you (which you basically said yourself in your first comment, as well as insinuating that this is all that makes him not a "beta cuck"). You're presupposing his attraction to justify the sex, but he wasn't attracted to her before either, so it's not a valid justification, it's just part of the introduction. And imagine saying I was traumatized by nipples in a manga. What manga doesn't show nipples? Even pure SOL shows bath scenes regularly, and this author didn't show a single aspect of sex beyond that. This is by far the stupidest take of the conversation. You've reasserted at the end of your comment that straight men who don't fuck are beta cucks. That's awfully telling. It confirms how desperate you are, for one. It also shows that you think sex can't be a conflict of interest, which makes it almost as stupid as your last assertion and probably means it's not worth my time arguing with you either.

@mommunism
I don't intend to argue further. You can stick to your own beliefs while I stick yo mine. But for the love of god split your paragraphs. It physically hurts me to read through such a huge block of text.

Aggregator gang
@shahzehan If a seven-line paragraph is a "huge block of text" to you, maybe you just don't read enough. Meanwhile, almost all of yours are one or two sentences. I'll stick to my style, which, believe it or not, is more common in actual literature. Large points get split up, lots of smaller points go together.

@mommunism
11 for me. Actually, the ideal paragraph length is 3 properly constructed sentences. It's long enough to not be considered bullet points and short enough to not be considered a mere block of text. And there you go again with your assumptions.

Aggregator gang
@shahzehan I didn't make a single assumption. The commonly-cited academic standard for paragraphs is 100-200 words. I've never once in my life heard 3 sentences. I've heard "at least 4-5" from multiple professors, but measuring it in sentences is questionable in the first place because of how variable they are. Les Miserables, for instance, has a sentence with 800+ words (but my paragraph hurt you, lol).

@mommunism
What you're referring to is the standardised academic style, with an introductory, 3 supporting and a concluding sentence. But this is simply a templete and not a set-in-stone rule.

When writing a story, the number 1 rule is to not lose your readers' attention. Long, drawn out paragraphs achieve the opposite. The longer the paragraph, the more inclined the reader is to skim, and that's something you, as a writer, don't want.

Hence, the 3 sentence style for an optimal reading experience. Even this isn't some set-in-stone rule but it's something many people tend to enjoy.

However, the core principal of writing a paragraph is the idea your paragraph is trying to convey. Each paragraph in this message talks about a different idea, or subject matter if you prefer. So, in truth, a paragraph can be as long as you want to convey your message but that doesn't mean it'll necessarily be a good paragraph.

Here's my earlier message in your "style":
"...It sounds like you're desperate for sex and can't think of any reason why those characters wouldn't be..." Hoo boy, that's quite a bold insinuation. A sentence like that literally kills any meaningful discussion for me. Instead of being the all-knowing character judge of people on the internet, why don't you re-read the story again? Abel has always referred to his lack of interest in women in the past tense - a past in which he had to be strong enough to fight the demon lord and his army so it's logical to assume he wouldn't have any time to waste on women. But he isn't in the past. He's in a more peaceful time where he can experience other aspects of life. He's indulging himself in leisurely reading about the time he missed, playing around with Ted whom he could easily scare off, and spending time with Lilith. Speaking of Lilith, Abel's first thoughts upon seeing her were 'beautiful', he was blushing when he saw her in her work clothes, and in this chapter he pretty much says he's interested in her when she says he finally sees her as a woman. Page 9 has him blushing again while recounting his experience and in the next page he's happy about what happened. What part of that says "...The main character is barely interested in sex and has no reason to be. He's an apathetic character in general that blows the experience off..."? Since you made quite a bold assumption, allow me to make on as well. To me it looks like you're the one who got traumatized by seeing some 2D nipples and have to project your own beliefs on a work of fiction. Abel wouldn't have been a beta cuck for simply not banging Lilith. He would've gotten that badge after his harem inevitably grew yet he did nothing to address the feelings between him and the girls. If he ain't homosexual or asexual, and made zero moves despite the obvious attraction that went both ways, then he's a beta cuck.

Please don't tell me you honestly prefer this over how I wrote it before.

@shahzehan
@mommunism
@kronix
Jesus, you three
arguing+internet.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Credit to the MC but at the same time, he didn't look interested to bone. Ya think ya know a person. lol

Dex-chan lover
Legal Shota x Demoness, now this is what Isekai is all about.

Aggregator gang
@Victormg That's an argument, bud.

@shahzehan The 1 3 1 pattern is not "the academic style" unless you're still in, like, junior high. Plenty of papers and plenty of stories have paragraphs nothing like that, but use the traditional length. Paragraphs are traditionally separated by ideas, but like I already told you that's different when it's a list of small points. You don't make a bunch of small paragraphs, you make a single paragraph that addresses each. This is especially common in things like news articles. Your previous comment (with the block quotes reformatted) should probably only be split at "since you made quite a bold assumption," since it's a bit longer with two main themes. I'm almost positive most English teachers would tell you the same.

That moment when we all find out that Lilith had done some extra stuff to survive all these 200 years, everyone will understand why she can hook up with the only guy thats treated her well over the years even if he is a kid again. IDK if this is spoiler i'm just guessing here.

Hate when the author is vague about the crucial details like if she is a virgin or not. Any novel readers willing to enlighten us?

Users who are viewing this thread