Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
@Soulwarfare

He's not a boy of ten. He has a body that is modeled after himself when he was a boy. He is a middle-aged man. If he was a ten year old with a forty-year old's body I'd be crying foul. But that's not the case. However, since you're against what just happened that means you'd be fine with the ten year old in a middle-aged man's body.

Aggregator gang
@Kayriel I am against a person who physically looks like a child and mentally like a child having sex with an older person. I can understand people's view on "oh but he is mentally 40" but it still looks wrong as hell.

It's like those people who lewd those loli girls but because they are 200 year old it's okay!
Yeah it isn't okay.

Dex-chan lover
@Soulwarfare

That's personal taste. These are, after all, not real people. They are pixels, or ink on paper. No real person is involved beyond artistic creation. They can be anything. Unless stated specifically by the author, for all any of us know every character of every series we read might be "underage" for their setting despite being sexually active, simply because we can't trust what characters say on paper due to Unreliable Narrator.

My point is, that even in real life, sexual allowance is granted due to maturity - mental maturity gained at the age of majority. Since it is assumed the person in question has gained enough experience and wisdom to not be taken advantage of.

If you're saying, "I don't personally like this thing." that's fine. I got limits I don't cross, too. But there's no point in coming here to tell everyone what those are or call them out for not adhering to my morality limitation. But if you're saying, "This is objectively wrong and therefore you're all disgusting." or something, then that's a problem which my earlier logic has already wrapped up and dropped in the trash.

Aggregator gang
@Kayriel It was you and everyone else who are calling me out, so I don't get why you think i'm calling anyone out or trying to tell ppl their wrong considering that is what everyone person who replied to my comment is doing.

People can say he is mentally 40 so it's okay but the MC saved her as a child and known her as a child when he was alive. He reborns as a boy and sees her as a adult and then within a day or so has sex with her and Lilith doesn't even bat a eye to his child form even though she remembers him as adult.
It's dumb writing but it's fiction so I'm not going to care too much.
But every single reply is very passionate about justifying it so I guess apparently I should care.

Dex-chan lover
@Soulwarfare

Look, I can see you don't get why this is happening, really. Any time you come to a place where a thing is happening and go, "This is fucked up/stupid/bad." you're calling out everyone there who is okay with it or even likes it. Indirectly, but in a very real way, you've intoned that they're fucked up/stupid/bad for accepting it or liking it.

If you like something and I roll up and spit on it, you'd probably be kinda upset.

For me, I'm not necessarily defending any of this so much as I understand why it's not an actual issue or problem, and it seemed strange that you were trying to make it out to be wrong. Mental maturity/age of majority is the main reason why we have sexual age limits. They work on the assumption that anyone younger doesn't have enough life experience to be an equal partner in any form of sexual congress, and as such could be taken advantage of, and that the act itself or being taken advantage of could cause severe mental-emotional damage.

Which, again, does not necessarily even apply to a fantasy world. We don't even know when people are considered adults for them. So getting up in arms about it seemed weird to me.

Aggregator gang
@Jobslayer Yeah but he has only known her as a little child so him just sleeping with her cause she is an adult now so she legal is dumb writing. She loves him but there is no reason for him to reciprocate that.

Aggregator gang
@Kayriel
I do get why it is happening. It's the internet and people will always argue against someone with a contrasting opinion.
All I did was make a comment about how it was kinda weird and how the sex just suddenly happened. People then became passionate about justifying the older woman having sex with the person of a 10 year old boys body when I don't even care that much. I guess people are passionate about the Shota genre or something =P

The thing is my comment was just a light hearted comment and not even that serious but I learnt people are quite passionate about this. Yet all I did was just come to read an isekai trash.

Basically, people need to lighten up.

@Soulwarfare
Lighten up man, all im saying is that its not dumb writing. U can say what u whatever u want, but dont call it dumb writing because u feel like it doesnt make sense

Aggregator gang
@Jobslayer
All im saying is that it is dumb writing. U can say it is good writing, but don't tell me that I can't call it dumb writing because my point of view doesn't agree with yours.

@Soulwarfare
I never said it was good writing, but is sure as hell isnt bad writing, everything makes sense. U just didnt like it, but that does not mean its bad writing, it just means u didnt like it
P.S. Bad writing means that the technical elements were terrible meaning its objective. Saying its bad writing because for you it feels like it doesnt like it makes sense is subjective. Bad writing is the wrong word to use

@Jobslayer

It is shit writing he is right, only a 14 year old kid would defend that blatantly fan service section of the series, even the author acknowledges this since he didn't repeat it at all I guarantee he caught a lot of backlash from the original publishing of the chapter.

@Durantye
Everything makes sense, why they did it it was explained. Its not writing thats the problem its that it didnt align with your tastes but the writing is sure as hell not bad

Aggregator gang
@Jobslayer

If it doesn't make sense for the characters and doesn't really mean anything for the overall narrative apart from being some blatant fanservice scene. Then it is bad writing.
It is a dumb scene even from a technical element. Take the scene out and nothing is lossed which is why the scene is absolutely pointless. It's bad writing

@Soulwarfare
In my opinion its character development. It gave us an idea of what type of person the MC is when he said "No matter what area it is my fundamental principle is not to cower in self-denial".
Also "absolutely pointless" maybe but "bad writing" nah everything makes sense

Aggregator gang
@Jobslayer
Making sense doesn't mean its good writing you know...

It's like a character decides to turn evil and kill all the women and children within a couple minutes. The character turning evil may make sense but its poorly executed and happens way too suddenly.

It's just like this sex scene. Poorly executed and happens way too suddenly.

Dex-chan lover
@Durantye

If someone defending their point of view makes them a 14 year old (top tier insult, by the way, very original), then what does that make you... someone who is defending their point of view? Or Soulwarfare, who is also just defending his point of view?

If you can't respect someone for that, you don't belong in any community.

@Soulwarfare
"Making sense doesn't mean its good writing you know..."
Yeah but doesnt mean its bad writing either
"It's just like this sex scene. Poorly executed and happens way too suddenly"
Really now, it started with them bathing together (naked) then the MC realizes "damn this girl has grown), then girl says i love you to the MC, then MC says he doesnt want to deny his desires.
If that isnt a prelude to a sex scene then what else could it be

Users who are viewing this thread