Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
"HeHEH we're gonna beat you in sports!"
...Okay? How old are they again?

Woah woah, what in the FUCK happened to the art? Did the artist got sick and forced one of his assistants to draw the chapter or something?

Dex-chan lover
because talking to people you've talked with for 3-4 years instead of new people you've just met is favouritism...

It looks like the artist is either rushing out drawings, or he/she is giving most of the work of drawing the characters to somebody else.
When an artist for manga or comics has an assistant they either only let them help with background art, or coloring.
When you let somebody else draw the characters it's usually very obvious.
On the first option of rushing it does look like less detail is being done.
Or they are sketching then just touching up the work a bit before releasing.

I may drop this soon...
Not just because of the art, but I can't stand others taking advantage of others with no punishment.
Teachers should help their students, not help students get revenge on others.
The principle should have noticed something like this, ot better yet the MC should have just went and told him about this crap happening.
That PE teacher would get fired.
There, problem solved.

Dex-chan lover
How is this cheating? They aren't rewriting the source (doubt they even can).
Most likely they are either used to the game enough to be able to change trajectories of the ones normally considered hard to do so for (from the way it was explained, the three types are ranging from fast and hard to control, to slow and very easy to control. But all are controllable to some extent), or their own gloves are designed to let the spear type be more controllable to begin with.
Either way, it is all within the rules specified.

They say that the teacher is showing favoritism, but all he does is reply to all students that talk to him. It is in no way favoritism when the reason he doesnt talk to you, is cause you don't talk_to/ask him anything. As for the ones that did ask him anything, they did also get replies.

Dex-chan lover
I hope at some point he stops hiding because it will get rather annoying

Regalia is similar to computer coding. You can't train yourself to control the result, the result is based on the input. You can use the result better, as in this case shooting the arrow more accurately, but if the arrow is a fast projectile that shoots in a straight line, and the disc is a slow projectile you can control the path of, then in no means can you control the path of an arrow, unless you rewrite the source code, or have a different regalia with a different code. Hence why they brought their own gloves and why this is cheating. If this were an official game the referee in this case the teacher, would notice and stop the match....but he isn't, and the kids notice so it must not be hard to notice. The PE teacher is allowing them to break the rules he just explained.

I still don't get what he is doing in that idiotic school. If he wants to change something he should just reveal himself and if he is interested in modern magic he should also just reveal himself and make those people bring him their research.

Power Uploader
unknown.png
inifinity.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel @Umetsu : I don't know if it's what he meant, but the nobles did leave in loopholes for their 'cheating' to be 'legal'

The 'actual rules', as they would say, are that:
1. Use a shooter glove, either school supplied or bring your own (note this part)
2. Rewriting the glove's code or interfering with other players with magic is not allowed (basically aiming this directly at Abel given the things he did before)
3. The offense/defense, with role reversal at 5 min marks.

So since the nobles brought their own gloves with their own code, and they didn't rewrite their code during the match, they're not 'technically' breaking the rules.
And the teacher will probably pretend 5 minutes hasn't passed yet even if it did just to give them extra time (the same thing he did with coin flip, note that he didn't say what's the coin result is)

Now, what I'm hoping will happen is:
After 5 minutes pass and Abel ask about switching, the teacher refuse.
Then he decide it's time to LEGALLY crush them.
He's not allowed to use magic to interfere with the players, so he'll just use magic to interfere with the bullets themselves, and have them hit their own team (or just dodge in such way to cause similar result)
And sure they're not the rabbit right now so they're not out, but that make the humiliation even worse.

Then when the teacher finally have to switch roles, before Abel get to do much he realize Ted and Eliza are raring for murder and let them do it, because getting crushed by Abel or Eliza is one thing, but when TED rekt you....

Aggregator gang
@Kurozake did you actually expect good writing on this generic manga? The only thing unique about this anyways is that he fucked a girl and that's about it.

Dex-chan lover
@whimsicat yep, I was stating that all they did was "all within the rules specified", so you got it pretty well. Also I suspect the rules given are the official rules, so real players probably have personal gloves that differ even during official matches (its a trope for magical school sports that equipment matters. e.g. harry potter).
I doubt the teacher is actually particularly biased btw. Cause fat teachers, and PE teachers, are pretty much always "good guys" in mangas, so the author can subvert any expectations and tropes for the readers who are into doujins (well, I dunno if that is why, but its as good of a reason as any). Unless the teacher has been shown a prior chapter (I wouldnt remember, too slow releases), then he hasnt actually been shown to be biased in any way, and been portrayed more as a clueless buffoon instead. Unless it is bad writing, then the way the main characters say it is favoritism with no favoritism actually being shown (which just screams red herrings to me) should just be to arrange things for the "unexpected twist", when the teacher turns out to be a good guy.

As for favoritism claims, all he has done is answer questions from both inner and outer students, arranged a fun&friendly game instead of making them do laps, allow them stick with existing friend groups, performed a fair(?) coin toss, and told rules (even pointing out that not doing so would be rude to the ones who dont know). even going so far ass to assuage (an outer student's) worries by showing the tools minor effect by volunteering the teachers pet and the most skilled student for the task (ted). Which I suppose for a "clueless buffon PE teacher" stereotype implies that there is favoritism.
Except it is towards Ted (as the trope goes, those stereotypes are more physical with the ppl they like - to said ppl's dismay).

@Umetsu well I certainly am probably sleep deprived right now? But I doubt that matters :p

Users who are viewing this thread