Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Secrets of Lost Person

Contributor
All this angst because the skill-descriptions were too vaguely-worded to be understood?

Yeesh.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm actually glad he went into detailed as to why they are looked down upon.
Makes perfect sense if you're always stuck at lvl 1.

Unless you have some sort of way to externally increase stats or already have ridiculously high stats, you're going to hit an wall.
Mastery could help with that wall, but there's always a limit to what that can do.

Dex-chan lover
The goddess was really not helpful there. I don't know if she didn't want to or wasn't allowed to explain the rules, but sending a random office worker to a game-type med-fan world, not telling them that they will be stuck at level of they don't take a specific skill, and keep the skill description super vague and its cost high...
Not to mention that, apparently, most if not all the others got few or no skill points to start with...

No wonder most "lost persons" are unsuited for adventuring. It actually brings a new question: with so many restrictions, why do they still go and get themselves killed in the wild instead of staying in a city and getting a job there?

The setup isn't so bad overall, but the details need to be polished a little.

(Edit: I forgot to mention the random starting point... Way to get people killed immediately after reincarnating.)

there are passionate gods, there are good-for-nothing gods(?), there are i-leave-you-to-die-in-new-world-because-i-make-you-stuck-at-level-1 gods(?), ....

By that last panel I have fallen for esther <3

gonna make the Esther-lobu club <3 applicants plz fill out form at bottom

So I am guessing those peoples like him just appeared there, rather then their soul being bonded to a body to that other world or something like that

Dex-chan lover
@kaikalaila: Read Chapter 01 again, it clearly says that all lost person get transferred to a new body.
The only thing different for MC at start was (compared to others) his high SP amount which MC used to get the "Break Limit" Skill. A Common Skill which is available for everyone, but it's high SP cost make people not take it.

any person that made it to a town and didn't survive must have not have realized they grew up in a world of modern technology. they have encountered things that could revolutionize society with its ideas but just never thought of it.

she's very sadistic.... another hit from the mc can potentially kill that best dude graff-san... meanwhile the fmc is screaming "ATTA BOY!!! KEEP ATTACKING HIM!!"

Dex-chan lover
Yeah! Beat the tar out of him! Fricking destroy the man! He's bald anyway!

Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Am I the only one thinking that, instead acting like a bully, that instructor should just kindly (or can omit the kind part) and explain to him why Lost Person isn't suit for being adventurer. If MC ended up beaten him to the pulp,I would have no sympathy for him whatsoever even when it turned out that he's a genuine good guy.

Like I said, I'm already sick of this 'bullying the new face' trope.

Users who are viewing this thread