Revenge on the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 42

Fed-Kun's army
Sion!!!! Precious.

I'm sure he's the second male lead, but damn it! I think he's better for her than the prince in objective terms.

The prince hasn't really done anything for Helga, has he? Everything he does is for himself, to satisfy his love, to get Helga as his bride. He's even taken up using magic to violate her privacy!

But Sion serves her himself, he works hard for her, follows her as stated in the contract. He does for her, not for his love.

And thus Sion deserves it more than the prince.

Also, Cute>>>>>>>>>>>>Hot. Like Hot is but a mere expression of lust, of biological instinct, but cuteness grows from the heart, from the appreciation of the cute thing. Everything someone finds cute is more personal and human than whatever they might find as Hot, as hotness is the inferior, less human appreciation. Then, it'd be more true to herself for her to choose Sion.

SionxHelga ftw

but I'm fine with Dilette or Sienna, as they seem to genuinely care for her instead of being obsessive.

Fed-Kun's army
Sion!!!! Precious.

I'm sure he's the second male lead, but damn it! I think he's better for her than the prince in objective terms.

The prince hasn't really done anything for Helga, has he? Everything he does is for himself, to satisfy his love, to get Helga as his bride. He's even taken up using magic to violate her privacy!

But Sion serves her himself, he works hard for her, follows her as stated in the contract. He does for her, not for his love.

And thus Sion deserves it more than the prince.

Also, Cute>>>>>>>>>>>>Hot. Like Hot is but a mere expression of lust, of biological instinct, but cuteness grows from the heart, from the appreciation of the cute thing. Everything someone finds cute is more personal and human than whatever they might find as Hot, as hotness is the inferior, less human appreciation. Then, it'd be more true to herself for her to choose Sion.

SionxHelga ftw

but I'm fine with Dilette or Sienna, as they seem to genuinely care for her instead of being obsessive.
??? The prince tried his best to reach out to Helga MULTIPLE times, he constantly wanted to help her and went so far as to directly tell her 'if you need help, ask, I will help',

Its not his fault that we haven't seen him do anything because she refuses to ask him... the prince is clearly better than some random guy off the street who only loves her because she literally saved his ass from bankruptcy, what he is feeling isn't real love.

??? The prince tried his best to reach out to Helga MULTIPLE times, he constantly wanted to help her and went so far as to directly tell her 'if you need help, ask, I will help',

Its not his fault that we haven't seen him do anything because she refuses to ask him... the prince is clearly better than some random guy off the street who only loves her because she literally saved his ass from bankruptcy, what he is feeling isn't real love.
Thank you so much for standing up for the prince! He really didn't do anything wrong. He was on the battlefield for so long, only for him to return and find Helga to be in such a state of hate and rage as for her to turn her back on him, too. . . WHEN HE LOVES HER SO MUCH. She thought of herself as "alone", but even her maid proved that she wasn't. I honestly don't like how Helga has treated the prince.

But hey: most readers are 1st ML haters, so there's not much convincing that can be done. So I really appreciate you standing up for our poor ML, here.

Dex-chan lover
nooooo sion 😭😭
im feel so bad for you bb
since i think the prince is the endgame because its always gonna be the prince

Fed-Kun's army

That's the point imho. Helga doesn't really seek his help, she does not wish to rely on him. And she is not obligated in any way shape or form to ask for his help unless she wants to, unlike Sion, who she asks for help on her own. Her relationship with the prince was not even her own decision, chosen by her and his family to be wed together.

The prince is the sign of the imperial family, a sign of the old world she has cast away to be free and live the life she wants to live. The only meaningful interaction in my eyes between the two of them is the prince asking her to be open to him, and that's almost inconsequential to me. The prince has nothing but his love and fancy titles, and can be summed up with the line, "outwardly reserved imperial man who loves helga", who he is as a person is almost completely lost on us (or on me). He doesn't care about anything else aside from helga, and that, to me, is just basic. He doesn't really treat others as people and to me that's something I don't like.

Sion, on the other hand is a character with actual personality aside from his love, he has other motivations, we can see him as a literal person and not a flat 2d cutout who just wants one thing in life; Sion has literal depth. And in my view, that's better than the prince. He also is cute, and cuteness is like 30% of the rubric. He has risked himself and his entire family's legacy on her and he gets rewarded for doing so, there is a beautiful trust built between him and Helga that I love, and would like to see flourish. Whereas in the imperial palace she would be thrust into duties that she did not ask for, with Sion the only things she'll do are the things she herself sees fit to be doing. He has fallen into love out of a natural and beautiful trust and that is more than enough for me to justify him being the better partner. There is a meaningful relationship between him and Helga, but between the Prince and Helga, there is none.

But you're free to disagree, no hate on Prince lovers. We're all just rando's obsessing over the lives of fictional characters her. I simply believe Sion is the better choice, but opinions and preferences differ.

Tho if Helga ain't taking Sion, I'd like to see him with some other good person in the end. I want him to be happy y'know.

Dex-chan lover
Wuuuooohh.. I like this FL. So, what will FL do after knowing this? Would she pretend don't know anything? Or would she do something about this? Let's see... (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ

Dex-chan lover
I am so sorry for Sion. No matter the outcome I hope for the best for you. On to the next one!

Users who are viewing this thread