Ri-chan - Ch. 109

Dex-chan lover
Oh so black hair ponytail lady is a rival pianist herself?

Is this gonna turn into a music manga about Riri trying to get back into the music biz?

Dex-chan lover
What is music children shouldn't hear? Sad? Frustrated? Filled with complicated emotions? Are you saying children shouldn't learn to feel complicated emotions so they can be emotionally stunted!?! :pout: makes no sense

Group Leader
What is music children shouldn't hear? Sad? Frustrated? Filled with complicated emotions? Are you saying children shouldn't learn to feel complicated emotions so they can be emotionally stunted!?! :pout: makes no sense

It's hard to communicate the implication. She doesn't actually say delinquent, she says "poor taste" or "bad character."

Typically, dyed hair and piercings are classic playboy characteristics. These types are thought of as fake, uncaring people in Japanese culture. I think she's implying that if the music is "half-assed" or "fake," she's going to cut her off. It's like the guy who says he loves guitar but only knows Wonderwall (a notorious beginner song).

The Japanese itself is pretty open-ended, so it's difficult to translate in a clear way while still being true to the source.

If it's genuinely confusing people, I might modify the translation or add a note. Please let me know.

Edit: Note added

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If it's genuinely confusing people, I might modify the translation or add a note. Please let me know.
No, I think the translation is fine. I don’t think anyone is confused or annoyed by your translation, I think people are just annoyed with the character and her premature judgment of Riri. Keep up the awesome work.

Dex-chan lover
Why does this character remind me of that complete-piece-of-work female teacher from Tari Tari, the one who was banning a character from singing because it would "sully the memory of her dead friend"?
Japanese female version of Mr.Fletcher with a 70% decrease in violence

Dex-chan lover
Screenshot_2023-10-29_231146.png

yes, officer, this person right here

Dex-chan lover
I mean Ri-chan does look like the typical Japanse delinquent stereotype so I don't blame her for assuming lol

Just gotta shower her with the fluff, Ri-chan!

I feel she'll become her supporter / mentor in getting back to piano.

Users who are viewing this thread