Ri-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 16.5 - Fanbox Extra

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, my mom's like this, too. She's made attempts, but she falls back on them from the withdrawal. I get quitting smoking is difficult, but when they don't feel the disappointment or shame of going back to their bad habit, it's like you do those for them, and that's when you know it's pointless to nag them about it if they're not even going to listen to you, increasing the distance between you in the process.

Contributor
Just from the part where he says "Just make sure you don't smoke, ok?" already tells me it's possible she could've ironically picked it up as a way to rebel against him. We can tell from the other extras that her dad isn't in that house and likely doesn't come home there anymore, so I guess some kind of divorce and/or falling out might've happened (if he's still alive, that is).

Well, if it wasn't divorce and he's already dead, then it's possible she picked up smoking for an entirely different reason: it's a core memory she has of her dad and maybe it's her way to remember him or something.

Users who are viewing this thread