Ri-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 168 - Afterwards

Dex-chan lover
Concerning Riri being childish, C.S. Lewis has some of the best takes on adulthood and childishness:

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

When people tell you to "grow up" it really comes off as children trying to get attention from their peers by pretending they're more mature

Dex-chan lover
I still think her blonde haired design was better, but this ending is nice too...
I agree with you, but my issue with this goes deeper: I really don't like the fact that the author is using hair bleaching and piercings as a metaphor for being broken, and in the same vein as smoking, which is an addiction.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you, but my issue with this goes deeper: I really don't like the fact that the author is using hair bleaching and piercings as a metaphor for being broken, and in the same vein as smoking, which is an addiction.
It's an accurate representation. Except for the bleaching. That one's culture specific. Everyone else picks neon colors.

Group Leader
"It has those extra huge chunks!" More like she was too lazy to finish cutting the potato. :pout:

It was to let all the goodness and nutrition-thingy to be concentrated in those big chunks, made it easier for those things to get inside your tummy in one go.

No way Tatsumi-mama can't be bothered with cutting those vegetables into liddle chunks thanks to her laziness, coupled with monstrous strength that almost impossible for a housewife to have. No way, yep.

pls no hit me, I'm telling them like what you want to

Group Leader

It was less of 'being broken', and more like 'being someone else, the furthest of who I am'.

I'm gonna miss her pudding hair tho.

Dex-chan lover
It was to let all the goodness and nutrition-thingy to be concentrated in those big chunks, made it easier for those things to get inside your tummy in one go.

No way Tatsumi-mama can't be bothered with cutting those vegetables into liddle chunks thanks to her laziness, coupled with monstrous strength that almost impossible for a housewife to have. No way, yep.

pls no hit me, I'm telling them like what you want to

Dex-chan lover
Awww, this was so damn wholesome. Fuck, haven't gotten these emotions in a while, nice to have them. Can't even describe the feeling that I felt reading this chapter cause I can't even express it to myself

Dex-chan lover
Great epilogue, extra sweet while successfully riding the line of not being too sappy. I don't usually think stories need to have a time skip epilogue because there's no more growth to tell, but in this case it makes sense to show how the web of people brought her to her present happiness (yes...that also includes the father even as terrible as his behavior was).

Also good to see she finally gave up smoking too, I was wondering about that :win: I was half expecting her to say it was because she was pregnant, but that probably would have killed half the audience :lul:

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to be bold in saying, that the hate against the dad is mostly undeserved. He was paying child support. Both he and his ex were not compatible. His visit with his daughter was civil and honest. Yes, him cheating is shit, but he took financial responsibility. At most, I'll say, he was a good financial father, but a bad (ie distant) emotional supportive one.

Users who are viewing this thread