Ri-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 168 - Afterwards

Bold indeed, considering he never cared enough to stop smoking for his daughter, but after he outright leaves her for another family, he drops smoking like a bad habit. Because it is. Never visits her, despite the mother (Who we have no reason to doubt) telling him he can visit, and how much Ri-chan loves him. All he can do is offer up empty platudes. Congrats, he paid child support. Pretty sure he had to do that whether he wanted to or not. And if he didn't, so what? I'm all for rewarding people for doing the right thing, but this is the bare minimum he could do after the whole thing with the other family.
The mom does share a bit of fault for the distance between Riri and her dad though. In the chapter where Riri met her dad again, she asked why the dad didn't tell her about his 2nd wife(Sanae), and her half-sibling(Kou), the dad revealed that her mom was the one that stopped him from telling her about them. After the divorce, the mom started creating distance between her family and others. Not just her ex-husband but her neighbours too which she admits later on.

Dex-chan lover
The mom does share a bit of fault for the distance between Riri and her dad though. In the chapter where Riri met her dad again, she asked why the dad didn't tell her about his 2nd wife(Sanae), and her half-sibling(Kou), the dad revealed that her mom was the one that stopped him from telling her about them. After the divorce, the mom started creating distance between her family and others. Not just her ex-husband but her neighbours too which she admits later on.
Right, but that seems to be the only time he even thought of contacting her. Not because he misses her, not because he wanted to be there for some event, but because he wanted to rub his new family in her face. Hell, I'd stop him at that point. And I don't see how letting him do that would shrink the distance between them. If anything, she made sure she loved her dad as long as possible, given the circumstances.

Dex-chan lover
Reading it again I realized that "World Class Pastry Chef Alphard" will have spelled Tatsumis name wrong on the cake! (p. 10: "Tatumi").

Dex-chan lover
Reading it again I realized that "World Class Pastry Chef Alphard" will have spelled Tatsumis name wrong on the cake! (p. 10: "Tatumi").
It's actually just a spelling quirk. There's no "typo", so to speak. You'd write it like that on a keyboard too. Hell, technically you can spell "Tachi" as "tati" and you'll get all the write kana.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually just a spelling quirk. There's no "typo", so to speak. You'd write it like that on a keyboard too. Hell, technically you can spell "Tachi" as "tati" and you'll get all the write kana.
True, there is no kana for "tu", but his name is spelled Tatsumi in the rest of the manga, so...

this was a great satisfying happy ending

one thing missing for me ,i just wanted the author to give riri's mom a good husband ...
she deserved a proper happy ending too :/

Thank you for the translation, that was a beautiful read. I enjoyed it and all the wholesome moments it had. Cant wait for the author’s next title!

Dex-chan lover
Dad not being invited was deserved in my opinion. The fact he at least got a picture means the two of them are a hell lot more forgiving than I would be.
my headcanon: he was invited, he just refuse the invitation, the calendar in that scene hasn't any signed day, usually japaneses sign every important day, this means that: he is a piece of shit that doesn't want to deal with the previous family anymore, or he know that had been a piece of shit to her to abandon her when she was a child and don't want to ruin her wedding day with his presence. He in the end cry because even with all this, she want to remain in touch with him.

Dex-chan lover
my headcanon: he was invited, he just refuse the invitation, the calendar in that scene hasn't any signed day, usually japaneses sign every important day, this means that: he is a piece of shit that doesn't want to deal with the previous family anymore, or he know that had been a piece of shit to her to abandon her when she was a child and don't want to ruin her wedding day with his presence. He in the end cry because even with all this, she want to remain in touch with him.
You can't mark an event you don't know is happening.

Holy shit this went way harder than I was expecting at first. By far the best one page at a time type story I've read here.

Users who are viewing this thread